Thread: 6.0 help

Tuner in Training

6.0 help

Can someone point me in the right direction. Im trying to get this done for my son before he gets home on leave(army) Im struggling seeing whats going on, Im in SD mode.
    6.0 lq9
    trick flow track max cam
    long tubes
    cold air intakr
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fmtfireman View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction. Im trying to get this done for my son before he gets home on leave(army) Im struggling seeing whats going on, Im in SD mode.
    6.0 lq9
    trick flow track max cam
    long tubes
    cold air intakr
    You'll max the injectors pretty quickly with this combo. Keep an eye on the AF ratio above 5000 rpm. Load this revised tune file and then give me a datalog.

grg ve tuning KW Mod.hpt

Thanks,
    Kevin

Tuner in Training
    Wow, what a difference. definitely need bigger injectors, Still looks lean at 3600 and above. should add some more fuel? Let me know what you see. Also should I turn MAF back on and try a run. Sorry if its long I live on a country road and its tough to get good data. Thanks in advance

Senior Tuner
    Wow, what a difference. definitely need bigger injectors, Still looks lean at 3600 and above. should add some more fuel? Let me know what you see. Also should I turn MAF back on and try a run. Sorry if its long I live on a country road and its tough to get good data. Thanks in advance
    It's definitely lean above 3600. The injectors exceed 100% DC around 5800 rpm. Let's try adding fuel and removing 1 degree timing and see if that helps with the knock retard. I'd recommend SD mode only. I don't see any benefit from utilizing the MAF on this one.

grg ve tuning KW Mod 2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Heres 2 more runs, now that is running better, I think idle is a little high. I thought about dropping it to 850 and seeing what it will do. Truck is running pretty well. I appreciate all your help. Is there any disadvantage to running only SD (fuel economy, around town driving)?

Senior Tuner
    Around 800-850 will work nicely for idle speed. What fuel are you running in it?

Tuner in Training
    This is 89 octane, I almost ran out yesterday and they were out of 93. It likes fuel while testing

Tuner in Training
    Should I be Keeping the primary and secondary VE tables the same?

Senior Tuner
    Should I be Keeping the primary and secondary VE tables the same?
    You will need to keep them the same.

It is still showing some KR. I'd be curious to see if it goes away if you add 93 octane.

Tuner in Training
    I see that KR I was hoping its false maybe from headers? It appeared to happen on deceleration once. I'll put 93 in and watch it.