Thread: New member/New to HP

Tuner in Training

New member/New to HP

Hey everyone,

Been doing lots of reading and searching for newbies. Car is a 2017 mustang GT with the performance pack. I also added the FRPP power pack 1 about a year ago. One question I had with the MPVI2 is can I actually pull the FRPP tune and read and compare to my stock file?

I'm trying to find out good areas to start. I daily so drivability is my biggest. I'm focused on the throttle response. It still has a little delay with the FRPP tune and I don't like their no lift shift either. I'm looking to mimic the FRPP tune minus the NLS option.

Do I have to pull the file from car to start adjusting or is there somewhere I can get a 15-17 gt base file to start adjusting and then load into the car?

I have a ported 18+ manifold waiting for the car but want to get some time without it first. That will be locked out and I have read on how to tune for that.

But car is only x pipe, mufflers, k&n filter, and the ford tune.

Tuning for 91 octane

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LightingBlue17 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Been doing lots of reading and searching for newbies. Car is a 2017 mustang GT with the performance pack. I also added the FRPP power pack 1 about a year ago. One question I had with the MPVI2 is can I actually pull the FRPP tune and read and compare to my stock file?

I'm trying to find out good areas to start. I daily so drivability is my biggest. I'm focused on the throttle response. It still has a little delay with the FRPP tune and I don't like their no lift shift either. I'm looking to mimic the FRPP tune minus the NLS option.

Do I have to pull the file from car to start adjusting or is there somewhere I can get a 15-17 gt base file to start adjusting and then load into the car?

I have a ported 18+ manifold waiting for the car but want to get some time without it first. That will be locked out and I have read on how to tune for that.

But car is only x pipe, mufflers, k&n filter, and the ford tune.

Tuning for 91 octane

Thanks
    Just throw away the FRPP tune and start from stock. If you need help, post your file and a log
    Jonah A. Cunningham
    Cunningham Performance LLC
    Owner