Thread: AEM-X-SERIES-30-0310 Inline Wideband CAN bus setup issues.

Advanced Tuner

AEM-X-SERIES-30-0310 Inline Wideband CAN bus setup issues.

I have the AEM 30-0310 Inline wideband and am trying to get it tied into the CAN on a 2013 GM truck. I've had a permanently mounted analog input Ballenger for years on this truck. I used this AEM 30-0310 with serial input when I needed to tune my other cars, but now I want to add the AEM to the right bank of the truck as a permanent install. I do not get any controllers listed other than ECM, TCM, and FPCM....no other OBD controllers listed even after multiple attempts of repolling, adding channels, even trying to use the switch inside the inline AEM to change the PID. The only PIDs that show up are the external sensors when searching for "WB". Of course I tried logging them (ALL of them) just for grins, but they blank out when I start logging as they are not found. From the videos that I have seen, it should show up as a separate OBD controller. Trying to remember when I bought the 30-0310, it may have been 3+ years ago, not that it should matter, but I did find this post to which I replied, but it is in the Lounge section.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ernal-settings

I called AEM and was told that they cannot help, to refer to HP Tuners for help in setting it up, or just use the analog output. Really want to use the CAN as I understand the sampling rate is much quicker when using the 4.9 sensor, plus it frees up my analog inputs (MVPI1 Pro) for other things that I am doing. I am tying the AEM CAN lines to pins 6 and 14 of the DLC.

Has anyone successfully used the AEM CAN input widebands?

-0310 (& -0300) is AEMnet, a different flavor of CAN than what the vehicle is using. Only the -0334 speaks the right kind to do what you are looking for.

Advanced Tuner
    THANK YOU blindsquirrel! That makes sense now that I read the descriptions of the different widebands on the AEM website, the -0334 specifically calls out OBDII Can, vs AEMCan. Will the 0334 work on the old MVPI1 without any firmware updates, and older VCM Suite versions?

Waited 2 days for an email reply from AEM, nothing. Called their number from the AEM website and it went to Holley, with no applicable "press X for...." prompt, then I get dumped into their EFI queue. Their tech support then transferred me to the AEM specific hotline 310-484-2322, who didn't help anyways. You give me an answer in less than 10 minutes, lol.

If whatever version of MPVI is able to read the vehicle's CAN it should read the piggyback CAN wideband as well, never heard of any incompatibility there.

Ah yes, another victim of the private equity corporate raiders - raise prices, lower quality, get rid of anything that doesn't 'enhance shareholder value' - like tech support. Great.

The 0334 can be used analog also with the Pro Feature Set. Mine integrates great with everything.