Thread: Tipin Detonation at cruise

Tuner in Training

Tipin Detonation at cruise

Ok, so I've narrowed down the cruise surge I get under a very specific condition, but I'm not quite sure how to correct it.
    Conditions are:
    Torque Source: Cruise
    steady speed any speeds between 65-80mph
    slight inclines (not enough to cause a downshift)

Logging I see it goes into Tipin Detonation and pulls timing which then causes it to fluctuate between Fuel Economy and OP VCT schedule.
    I have changed the OP settings but maybe they need to go higher? Maybe lower the hystersis load%?

Now some of the other factors are going to be this:
    2013 F-150 5.0
    3.55 gears, lifted on 35s
    So the load is going to be higher due to the bigger tires and taller gearing. Ultimately I am going to regear but I am fairly certain I can tune this little issue out....
    Attached is the clip of what it is doing and my tune file
    I'm also attaching a new tune file I think will help with this. Please let me know if I'm on the correct track.

F150 Log clip.hplF-150 Comprehensive 1.10 KR adjust.hptF-150 Comprehensive 1.11 KR adjust 101821.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I think you have something else going on.
    35s, 3.55, 4.10's, supercharged F150s, none of them have cruised at 80% load at 1500 RPM.

Normally, this is from OP Thresholds being set too low, but you're not reaching that. Just as a test, set your OP Enabled Pedal Position to 90 in all cells. Maybe increase both thresholds but keep them in range. Was OP disabled in your stock file?