Thread: Do I have the correct OS??

Tuner in Training

Do I have the correct OS??

Im working with a swap vehicle. 5.3/4l60e out of what I believe was a 1999 silverado. The wiring was all complete and pcm installed when I got the vehicle. Under the Calibration details it comes up as a with the VIN for a 2001 S-10 4.3 but in the tune data is shows a 5.3. Just wanted to confirm this is the correct OS 12208322 to run this setup???

Also, Im not getting any readings from the o2 sensors. Could the pcm possibly have been pinned incorrectly or could the pinout changed based on the current OS that is being ran?? I hate trying to clean up other peoples messes

Thanks in advance
    as found file_1999 Chevy Silverado 5.3L with VIN.hpt

That's a non-GM, non-HPTuners file. Been created/edited with something else.

12208322 is the base OS for the 4.3 S10 but the other segments are from something else.

Tuner in Training
    Sooo is this thing a brick or can it be segment swapped or is any some other solution??

If the Service Number is compatible with whatever application/base OS you want to run, it can be reflashed. Have you already licensed it, or just connected and pulled the file?

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is licensed. I made a few changes and reflashed it. It does run but not well. I still have to tune it but it backfires out the exhaust and my primary o2 readings stay at .447 for both banks. I feel as if some things are not pinned correctly to the ecu but im not sure what pinout to use...

Advanced Tuner
    12208322 as an OS works for both 4.3 and 5.3 options (probably 4.8 and 6.0 too), it's an 01 OS. The serial is corrupt in HPTuners, so not a great start but if you've already licensed it, shouldn't matter.

Pick how you want the PCM to behave as you're dealing with a swap now, then match everything up to that. Grab a 5.3 Silverado (again base it off how it's wired now and/or how you want it to behave) tune file and start segment swapping. Grabbed one for reference from the Repo and had the same OS, so you've got segment swap options. Make sure to pick the correct transmission too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Okay I am going to attempt segment swapping it. I found a file with the 4l60e trans its equipped with. Do i swap over all the segments that have a different number and leave the ones that match already???

Advanced Tuner
    If swapping the Transmission, segment swap BOTH the Transmission and Transmission Diagnostic segments. You may need/want to tune the Speedometer segment as well, but in most circumstances don't need to segment swap it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    I found out the wrong style of o2 sensors were being used! Now I am getting readings and can start dialing in the tune. I guess the segments that were there are actually correct or atleast correct for this to run properly. Thanks!