Thread: 19 camaro SS map sensor offset limit

Advanced Tuner

19 camaro SS map sensor offset limit

Anyone else have an issue with the offset limit on the 19 Camaro SS?

We have done a few LT4 swaps on these, running lsa/ls9 map sensors. Never had an issue until this last car. This build was a bit more extreme. Blower was pulleyed to the max, decent sized cam, ported blower..... Anyway, at idle the car is fine but once you put it in gear the map reading starts to get into the mid 70s. Then the car pulls massive amounts of timing to the point where it starts to backfire and bog out.

The issue I believe is that we can't enter the full offset of -11.25. The lowest it'll allow is -.00045. So the tune seems to be off by about 11 kpa. Without massive changes to the vve/vvt tables is there anyway around this? Someone has had to run into this issue before.

I'd send it on it's way with a 1 bar but we added a dsx aux pump. With the 1 bar map sensor the pump activates as soon as the sensor turns on. So you open the car door and boom the pump is running.

Any ideas or alternative 3 bars?

Tuner in Training
    In my experience with those especially with the DSX Aux pump the plug that plugs into the map sensor inline can go either way. Try flipping it. If the car runs fine with the DSX unplugged thats your issue. If you still experience the issue post the file and lemme look at it.

Tuner in Training
    EDIT: Just reread your post. Post the tune. Which map sensor do you have selected in the tune? IE NA-MAP NA-TIAP SC-TIAP Etc. Then the baro and Sensor offsets need to be in correct positions and some zero'd out
    Last edited by Ttmerc; 11-06-2021 at 12:08 PM.