Thread: Explorer ST - OS Mod

Explorer ST - OS Mod

Recently I was involved in a project that exposed some hard coded SOI limits in the Explorer ST. It's likely this limit exists in all of the Ecoboost vehicles. In this particular situation, we were unable to get SOI where we wanted it, even though all of the parameters that clip it had been raised.

Through some creative code patching, we developed an OS Mod that both removes this SOI limit so it will follow the injection timing tables, and adds the the ability to log SOI, EOI Limit, and Injection Window in VCM Scanner

VCM Suite 4.11.518 and newer will have this for Explorer ST.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    If this limit starts around 350 deg and ramps down to about 330 at high rpm, then it exists on the Gen 3 coyote and Gen 2 ecoboost f-150.

Senior Tuner
    Nice work.
    Idk how early you want your SOI to be, unburnt fuel will just go where the gov. doesn't want it too, if it is too early.

Explorer DI patch.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 10-22-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Recently I was involved in a project that exposed some hard coded SOI limits in the Explorer ST. It's likely this limit exists in all of the Ecoboost vehicles. In this particular situation, we were unable to get SOI where we wanted it, even though all of the parameters that clip it had been raised.

Through some creative code patching, we developed an OS Mod that both removes this SOI limit so it will follow the injection timing tables, and adds the the ability to log SOI, EOI Limit, and Injection Window in VCM Scanner

VCM Suite 4.11.518 and newer will have this for Explorer ST.
    Same story with Gen 3 Coyote?

Tuner
    Hi Eric, speaking of project, I been doing a project swap for GEN 2 Coyote to S197 2008 body with fully swapped 2014 interior, I'm doing full documents as of pic, vid and total cost for all future interested ppl to do so, just have few quiestions/ideas on that, can I steal from you few minutes for that lol?
    Last edited by skythunder83; 01-02-2022 at 10:53 PM.
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

This is interesting because I have always felt we were fighting something with the fueling. I'm still not able to get my fueling where I want it going by my STFT's which are all over the place, and my LTFT seem to ride -.05 or lower all the time.