Thread: 4L60E not shifting

Tuner in Training

4L60E not shifting

Ive got a 2006 SS silverado 6.0 and 4l60e transmission in a 76 blazer with the factory 76 blazer transfer case. I have gotten a 2 wire VSS to communicate with the ls computer and the hp tuners shows MPH. I can force a 123 shift but it will not shift normally in drive. Feels like its starting out in 2 or 3 gear. If i command 1st gear it drops down and does what its supposed to but i can not get it to shift normally in drive. Heres my file. anyone see anything wrong? thanks in advance. Ricardo20046.0LS4WheelDriveTiresizeVSSpulsechange.hpt

Check for Ign +12v at the pink wire, cavity E, at the trans connector. Make sure it's not backed out of the connector - happens all the time and it seems like it's always only that pink wire.

Tuner in Training
    blindsquirrel thank you. I did check that and there is power at the e terminal pink wire. There are a handful of other wires with power and one that flashes. Hp tuners is getting a speed signal. I did change something in the tune file. The speed sensor I am using is a 8 pulse per revolution it was set at 40. With it set at 40 driving around the parking lot I would see about 2 miles per hour when I was going about 25. I changed that 40 to 8 and used the tire wizard to calculate the 34.4 inch tall tires and 4.10 gear ratio. The HP tuners speedo now seems to read close to accurate. I will use Gps on phone to confirm that tomorrow. When i command shift it into first and then second its awesome. I just wish it would do it on its own. My shift tables look good. 1-2 second shift was at 11 mph i think. Just hoping im missing something simple. I did check to make sure the brake light switch and Tcc is wired correctly. Hp tuners recognizes when I am on and off the brakes. any advice is greatly appreciated. Im trying to learn and start with the stuff I thought would be simple.

Tuner in Training
    I did get it figured out. previous shop had it set for a 4.10 gear and I assumed since he had a locker he upgraded the gears from the factory 3.07 gears based off the vin number. It now burns rubber sort of and shifts like it should. I also spent some time setting up my column and I got an actual gear indicator that I could watch shift from first to second almost instantly. also added the column for the gear indicator. I would like to start playing with shift points if anyone has any pointers id greatly appreciate it. this is mostly a sand toy. 76 k5 with a 2006 SS silverado and a 4l60e using the stock 1976 transfer case with a 2 wire speed sender adapted to the mechanical sender in the transfer case. I programmed the dakota digital gauges speedo today based off map quest. My gauges read the correct MPH but the Hp tuners is only reading about 1/2 that. Still think there may be something im missing that may improve drive ability.