Thread: Moving from 2015 Silverado to 2019 RAM 5.7L. Have some questions

Moving from 2015 Silverado to 2019 RAM 5.7L. Have some questions

I'm currently in process of trading in my Silverado for a 2019 RAM 5.7L (non eTorque).

1. I currently have the MPVI, will this work on this truck?
    2. What benefits does the MPVI2/MPVI2+ give over the MPVI?
    3. If I upgrade to the MPVI2 do the GM credit transfer over to general credits?
    4. 68331181AA looks to be the part number I need to buy and then have HP Tuners unlock it. Is there anything I'm missing here?
    5. how does programming work with push button ignition? On my Silverado I had to have the key in the run position otherwise the ECU/TCM would go to sleep while flashing and brick the entire TCM.
    6. 6L80 you could basically max out shift pressures with almost no worries mechanically but the TCC sucked. Is there any general knowledge of weak points of the ZF8HP75 yet? Tranny won't see much more power over stock levels (50hp max?)
    7. From the files I found on the forums and tuning repo I can't seem to find any areas to change tire size or diff ratio, is this not possible for this truck?

I'm used to tuning the 6L80 and after loading some files and reading some post here on the forums, I'm scared and excited at the same time. It looks like all the settings I've wanted to be able to adjust are all here; There are a lot of limitations tuning the 6L80 when you turn adapts off.

edit: I made the ones I haven't figured out yet in bold.
    Last edited by ic3man5; 10-22-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Update from some research

1. Yes
    2. Bluetooth and access to more platforms outside the big three
    3. Yes
    4. Still need an answer
    5. Still need an answer. Looks like I need a smart access cable though?
    6. Haven't found much, looks like most problems known are from the ZF8HP70 and Clutch A failures are the "big one" Sonnax makes a fix for this and not sure if it carries over to the 75.
    7. Updated to 4.10 (I was on 4.5 beta) and its still not there. Looks like that functionality might be in the scanner? I won't be able to answer this myself until I get the truck.

2019 Ram Requires Smart access cable (hptuners.com)
    Requires unlock
    Push button ignition for reading tune and writing tune is usually: Hold start button for 10 seconds till dash-gauges sweep then release. Never put your foot on the brake or vehicle will start.
    This is KEY ON but ENGINE OFF
    I don't have any experience with the transmission.
    Yes we can change the tire size and distance traveled per mile to adjust speedo