Thread: No injector data, after rebuild with cam same fuel injectors.

Tuner in Training

No injector data, after rebuild with cam same fuel injectors.

Hello,
    Recently rebuilt a iron block 5.3 with a cam and replaced with my DOD motor. I have disabled DOD so far in tuning but that is it. I am not getting any injector data. I am getting either Fuel System Status --- I am able to get it running by using the throttle and it will sometimes stay idling after getting it started. Is it possible something went wrong with my FCSM the connector looks damaged but it is connected. Is there anyway to diagnose it?

Here is a scan file.
    5.3Read.hpl

You should probably plug in your coolant temp sensor and your MAF sensor because both of those aren't working. With the MAF not working the IAT sensor is also not working. Things don't like to start with 3 major sensors don't function.

The o2 sensors are unplugged as well.

The injector information has to be logged for it to show anything. The injector pulse width avg channels are missing so it won't show any of that data.

Fix all those sensor problems and try again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    My MAF and 02 sensors are connected. I do need to switch out the coolant temp sensor connector as I broke the last one when removing. I'll look into what's going on with why those are not working and go from there. Thank You.

Tuner in Training
    Okay I figured out what was up with the MAF and got the coolant temp sensor hooked up. Not getting any codes now but still wont run right. Seems like its missing to me, I checked spark and it seems to be getting fuel so I am assuming it has to be something with timing? The heads were changed from to 243 to 862 and Sloppy Stage 2 Cam, upgraded springs and lifters(LS7) were installed. Still running stock exhaust at the moment and would like to change that but this is my first time doing something like this and I just wanted to make sure everything was working right first before spending money and time on everything else. Is it possible I need to tune it in order to get it to run?

Also at about 5000 feet above sea level.

Here is my most recent log.

5.3ReadUpdated.hpl
    Last edited by zshawnz; 10-21-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you will need to modify the calibration to get it to run correctly

Changing the heads and cam will require the VVE and MAF tables to be calibrated for the different airflow characteristics and the required ignition advance in the spark tables.

Is your calibration stock? Can you post it?

Tuner in Training
    My calibration is stock I believe all I have done so far is turn off DoD. What would you need from those calibration details?

I found a problem on the PCV hose with the connector and after a little ingenuity the truck is running much better but still appears to be missing. Now I am at least getting all the fuel and misfire data though. All on the drivers side as well which seems odd. Here is another log and my tune with dod delete.

5.3Read2.hpl
    DODdelete.hpt

If that last log is your most current log, then it has a huge vacuum leak.

Not sure if you took at before or after you found that PCV hose issue.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I do believe the vacuum issue is fixed and I had it running good for a little while. All of a sudden it went it to Limp Mode but ran 1/2 mile until I got home and now it is having trouble starting. It seemed to get progressively worse. I checked compression, spark, fuel and everything is good. I am not sure what is going on but on the initial scan I did not log it said p1400 "EGR Circuit Low Input". I can run another scan here in little bit to get a log.