Thread: About to put a bald eagle cam in, is there anything i need to tune before it does?

About to put a bald eagle cam in, is there anything i need to tune before it does?

I got a tsp bald eagle cam for my e38 ls3 M6. All i have for mods are tsp headers with catback, Flex fuel sensor with flex fuel enabled, and a burble tune with timing pulled from idle coastdown table. Anything i should be mindful of before i start the car?

To just start it, no I don't see anything special that needs to be done.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok sweet! Your fast with these replies man. Applause to you my good sir

alright ive done some research and all i can tell that i have to do is set a new p/n idle and cruise idle mess with the spark tables a bit and the ve tables a bit am i correct? is there anything im missing?

Not exactly that simple.

Yes you will have to adjust the idle speed, idle spark, spark correction tables for p/n and in gear as well as idle airflow. The MAF and VVE tables will need some work to get fueling correct. A wideband is required for tuning this. From there yeah you can work the spark timing to get the best performance from it. All this can take time to dial in and you might have a few hiccups with it behaves if things aren't just right.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Considering i can start this up without a tune would i be safe to tune up to redline or should i limit tuning to a certain rpm. First time actually applying my tune to a car so unsure on my limits or what i should watch out for. For some extra info the duration is 229/242.