Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALCH Percent not showing on Flex Coyote

Quote Originally Posted by ksampler View Post
    Sick I will keep an eye on it when I go back out today. Thanks for that last piece of the puzzle! Now time to compare the F150 file and double-check to make sure everything is copied over.
    Glad you got the alcohol content working. In hindsight, I envy the Coyote Mustangs. Super easy to tune and enable flex fuel operation. Mass air flow makes it easier to tune as well. I should never have gone down the EcoTurd route. They sound lame and have lame automatic transmissions. Not entirely straightforward to tune. I wish I stayed with a V8 and manual transmission. Still kicking myself for ever switching out.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Glad you got the alcohol content working. In hindsight, I envy the Coyote Mustangs. Super easy to tune and enable flex fuel operation. Mass air flow makes it easier to tune as well. I should never have gone down the EcoTurd route. They sound lame and have lame automatic transmissions. Not entirely straightforward to tune. I wish I stayed with a V8 and manual transmission. Still kicking myself for ever switching out.
    I'll sell you my GT Got my eyes on a 19 for the rev match and new body style..

I still don't understand the Mapped Points thing and the spark tables currently but eyeing a coyote cookbook for Christmas lol

There are a few threads here that go into detail on how the mapped points work. Like really detailed theoretical stuff. For the spark tables it hasn?t really changed since the days of the modular. It looks at Borderline and compares with MBT. Uses whichever is lower. Adders and modifiers are taken into effect. The 2.7 is different as the MBT is very low so I found myself running in MBT most of the time. Typical Ford engines would run borderline and you?d add spark for a bit more power. I know some tuners focus on the mapped points for WOT operation but I typically go after specific regions of the BKT on all of the mapped points just in case some are blended during launch etc.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    There are a few threads here that go into detail on how the mapped points work. Like really detailed theoretical stuff. For the spark tables it hasn?t really changed since the days of the modular. It looks at Borderline and compares with MBT. Uses whichever is lower. Adders and modifiers are taken into effect. The 2.7 is different as the MBT is very low so I found myself running in MBT most of the time. Typical Ford engines would run borderline and you?d add spark for a bit more power. I know some tuners focus on the mapped points for WOT operation but I typically go after specific regions of the BKT on all of the mapped points just in case some are blended during launch etc.
    I noticed that spark source jumps between MBT and Torque Control under WOT at that point would I just adjust MBT?

If you log final spark, borderline spark, and MBT spark as well as knock correction,, You can see where your final spark gets its value from.