Thread: 08 cobalt ss/tc limp mode

Potential Tuner

Unhappy 08 cobalt ss/tc limp mode

ok here is a description of everything happening and what i have replaced so far

08 cobalt ss turbo charged .. upgrades [intake, ic piping, intercooler, bov, exhaust]

its been in limp mode since i got it. it wont go past 5 psi and stays at 50% throttle when pedal pushed to the floor [limp mode]

cel is on for the same codes every time

B1516 - Battery Current Sensor (SES, Current, Old, History)
    B1517 - Battery Voltage (Current, Old, History)
    B2705 (Current, Old, History)
    B3903 (Current, Old, History)
    U2106 - Lost Comm with Trans Control System (Current, Old, History)
    P0010 - Intake (A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1) (Pending, Old)
    P0013 - Exhaust (B) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1) (Pending, Old)
    P0100 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit (Pending, Old)
    P0236 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance (Pending, Current, Old)
    P0245 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid A Low (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
    P0571 - Brake Switch A Circuit (Pending, Current, Old, History)
    P2088 - Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 (Pending, Current, Old)
    P2090 - Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 (Pending, Current, Old)
    P2199 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 / 2 Correlation (Pending, Old)
    U0121 - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module (Pending, Current, Old, History)

replaced battery

i did a boost leak test and found no boost leaks at all

so i decided to purchase a hptuners dongle and look into it more in depth

then i thought the stock map sensors were the problem so i put zzp stage 1 sensors and did as the instructions say

ECU Programming

In HP Tuners, set the MAP sensor linear to 65.89, MAP sensor offset to -6.35, Boost sensor linear to 65.89, and Boost sensor offset to -6.35.

once done i went for a drive and same issue with limp mode and cels

so next i purchased intake and exhaust cam gear sensors

again nothing

then i purchased the boost solenoids 1 for the wastegate and for for the pressure

and still nothing . im still in limp mode and cel keep coming back

im at a loss now for what is causing this problem... i have attached current logs for you to gaze upon

im starting to think maybe the ecu is bad but im not sure

HELP_StartDriving.hplHELP_SmallPull.hplHELP_FreewayPull.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    With a laundry list of codes like that, I'd start looking at the electrical harness and grounds. I'd also recommend actually diagnosing each of those fault codes using the factory service manual procedures rather than just replacing parts. If you don't have access to AllData or something like that, you can purchase short term access to GM OE service manuals via https://acdelcotds.com for a modest price.