Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Srt-4?

Srt-4?

Dodge tuning, like srt-4???i have hp for my duramax just hopeing to tune the old lady's car too?

Tuner
    isn't srt4 supported by AEM EMS - that's what they're all using anyway...

Potential Tuner
    That really stinks...

I really wanted to use HPT to tune my SRT4 because Ive used it on fbodys and like it.

It looks as though SCT has came out with a flash for the SRTs so they'll be getting my business and im sure many other prospective HPT tuners.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    is it just their handheld or their advantage program?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    From the posts on srtforums.com, it looks like they will be offering the advantage tuning software.

Potential Tuner
    Its not a handheld. Its PC based, just like HP tuners.

Tuner
    DiabloSport has a tuner coming out too... a few steps better than Superchips for the handheld, along with their "CMR" software to draw up custom tunes... Single user licenses are promised to be available too...
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

Tuner
    If I'm reading right on the SRT forums, it's $1000 bucks for something comparable to HPT. That's a bit high, and they don't label the tables. Not real sure about that though, only a select few have access to them.

Things that made me stop looking at SCT

price
    no 3bar map/tip support at release
    Vista problems
    no logging
    others issues that I cant remember.
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Gerry's Custom door sills & shift knob
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

Potential Tuner

I wish...

Hello to everyone at HP tuners...

Well, I have to say it's a darn shame... I've been watching your forums for months searching for updates on the HP tuner for the SRT-4 (and/or Dodge vehicles) and haven't seen much. Frankly, and pardon me for being blunt, but it seems to me as if you guys have nothing more than excuses. Being that I spend the majority of my life doing software and hardware engineering, I'm quite disappointed that you appear to have made no progress on the Dodge software.

Can you at least give us an update on this? I would much rather buy your product than the Superchips one, but you won't even tell us what's going on. Obviously, I understand that you want to keep any trade secrets "secret". But the cat's out of the bag now, SCT beat ya to it. Let us know what's going man!!!

I guess my question to you is this... I am going to be able to buy a product from you in the future that will successfully allow me to tune the Stage 0,1,2 and 3 PCM's for the SRT-4? Can you at least answer that?

One again, I ask you to forgive me for me rude tone, but I'm getting rather impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Hello to everyone at HP tuners...

Well, I have to say it's a darn shame... I've been watching your forums for months searching for updates on the HP tuner for the SRT-4 (and/or Dodge vehicles) and haven't seen much. Frankly, and pardon me for being blunt, but it seems to me as if you guys have nothing more than excuses. Being that I spend the majority of my life doing software and hardware engineering, I'm quite disappointed that you appear to have made no progress on the Dodge software.

Can you at least give us an update on this? I would much rather buy your product than the Superchips one, but you won't even tell us what's going on. Obviously, I understand that you want to keep any trade secrets "secret". But the cat's out of the bag now, SCT beat ya to it. Let us know what's going man!!!

I guess my question to you is this... I am going to be able to buy a product from you in the future that will successfully allow me to tune the Stage 0,1,2 and 3 PCM's for the SRT-4? Can you at least answer that?

One again, I ask you to forgive me for me rude tone, but I'm getting rather impatient.
    Hp has gone over this in other threads. They have a 12 step program and at anyone step they could be forced to go back a few steps. I'm just as impatient as you on this but I'm willing to wait for this product. I did hear a rumor that it may be ready this spring but again its just a rumor. The HP software and logging and hopefully the price will crush SCT. Hopefully they will have 3bar support at launch.
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

Tuner
    What 05 said ....

HPT should eliminate the need for upgraded PCM's. I will warn though ... you need to know what you're doing because it's not for the faint of heart.

It will be worth the wait, but the wait is killing us all. All we can do is politely let them know that we are waiting and in numbers. I would assume that's the only thing that could bump the prodcution up a little bit.

Potential Tuner
    So how long are we looking at with a release for this product for SRT-4s. I dont want to have to break down and get SCT. A ton of SRTs are waiting for this product.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KaDaMuS-SRT4
    So how long are we looking at with a release for this product for SRT-4s. I dont want to have to break down and get SCT. A ton of SRTs are waiting for this product.
    I hope its out this summer or sooner. I'm in the same boat as you. I dont want to go with SCT. Bill is there anything you can say about the SRT-4 release without giving out critical info? price? 3bar support? logging? etc. Thanks
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Initial pricing will probably be the same as they are now, credits we haven't discussed yet, custom operating systems would be looked at after we've released a functional stock operating system version and that really depends on the code if its even possible or not.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Initial pricing will probably be the same as they are now, credits we haven't discussed yet, custom operating systems would be looked at after we've released a functional stock operating system version and that really depends on the code if its even possible or not.
    Thanks for the info Bill.
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

Potential Tuner

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 05SRT-4
    Thanks for the info Bill.
    Well, I guess I will continue to wait paitiently.

Tuner in Training BottleFed_T61's Avatar
    I cant wait till it comes out......I need a tuning software and I dont want to go with sct.....
    05 OrangePearl Srt-4
    Stage 2
    Turbonetics T61 Turbo
    ZEX Nitrous
    [email protected] 1.89 60ft.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. Bill do you guys have any plans for the 2.4l turbo pt cruiser?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would assume the 2.4l turbo pt cruiser has the same pcm as the srt-4 neon so assuming this is true we could probably support it at around the same time as the neon cals.