Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Srt-4?

Potential Tuner
    well that would be really good, and i will do anything to help if i can. I can even be a test car for all i care.

Tuner
    This is making me exceited.

This would be nice... as I am part of the NY SRT CREW I have about 60 srt's locally that would love to be able to be tuned accurately. A friend of mine is actually testing the SCT software on his car, and it's been giving him some little problems, but all in all works pretty good.
    But since I already have HPT, and everyone around here knows my car, I'm sure I wouldn't have any problems getting a few guinea pigs for beta testing if need be.
    I'll be watching this thread for updates.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Potential Tuner
    I cant wait aswell, Im currently getting a crash course on the program from one of my close friends that has a gtp. I have learned alot so far on tuning and manuvering this program.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    isn't srt4 supported by AEM EMS - that's what they're all using anyway...

the aem for the srt4 is phenominal tuning device...but for $2000 you really need to be serious about it. i was, but most are not like myself. sct does offer it, but for the software to tune your own car sets you back nearly $1000, and they have been having some serious problems with things. when hptuners releases it, they will dominate the srt4 market

Quote Originally Posted by Texsrt4
    the aem for the srt4 is phenominal tuning device...but for $2000 you really need to be serious about it. i was, but most are not like myself. sct does offer it, but for the software to tune your own car sets you back nearly $1000, and they have been having some serious problems with things. when hptuners releases it, they will dominate the srt4 market
    I hope they release this soon.
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Gerry's Custom door sills & shift knob
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

Potential Tuner
    I hope this thing releases next week or something. Can I be betta tester or something?

Tuner in Training BottleFed_T61's Avatar
    Bill@hptuners, is there any way you can tell us a ballpark figure on the release date...... summer,early december.Thanks.......
    05 OrangePearl Srt-4
    Stage 2
    Turbonetics T61 Turbo
    ZEX Nitrous
    [email protected] 1.89 60ft.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I would guess 2ish years or more judging by the current speed of devolpement.
    The 2.0turbo has been in beta limbo with no new support for a year now and it's a GM.

I change my guess to 3 years.

Potential Tuner
    sigh, well whats the hold up? What is the reason for it taking so long to develop the software for the SRT4?

Tuner
    I think they just recently hired two new software engineers to help with software development. It seems to me, that there has been too much work for them to do. Hopefully, now that they have some new people, we will see some progress in the near future

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDaMuS-SRT4
    sigh, well whats the hold up? What is the reason for it taking so long to develop the software for the SRT4?
    It's a Dodge ... everything is backwards.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    It's a Dodge ... everything is backwards.
    This is true

Tuner
    Any word on an update?

Potential Tuner
    Ditto

we're working on it

development is a slow and tedious process for a new vehicle, in the case of Dodge it is a totally new PCM and calibration strategy also combined with a new comms protocol which we have to incorprate into the code and the cable also required some firmware changes. Along with this we still have existing products that need maintenance and our new engineers are helping a ton in that area as they gain experience.

Unfortunately, we made a lot of commitments to Dodge 2 years ago on the back of a partnership with another company that did not deliver. Only in the last year have we been able to make any headway to dodge development. Our current goal is for the October timeframe, maybe sooner.

You can be sure that when we have anything ready we will make noise about it

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    we're working on it

development is a slow and tedious process for a new vehicle, in the case of Dodge it is a totally new PCM and calibration strategy also combined with a new comms protocol which we have to incorprate into the code and the cable also required some firmware changes. Along with this we still have existing products that need maintenance and our new engineers are helping a ton in that area as they gain experience.

Unfortunately, we made a lot of commitments to Dodge 2 years ago on the back of a partnership with another company that did not deliver. Only in the last year have we been able to make any headway to dodge development. Our current goal is for the October timeframe, maybe sooner.

You can be sure that when we have anything ready we will make noise about it

Chris...
    If its October this year I would be extremely happy.
    Mods:
    ED Super Beast IC
    Maxxfab SEE
    PTP Check Valve
    Mopar STS
    Gerry's Custom door sills & shift knob
    Realtune 60mm TB
    JMB SRI & CC
    AGP Trans & Motor mounts
    DCR Oil modifier

I can wait til october..... but hopefully sooner I have a ton of cars in need of some real tuning. the safc's just ain't cutting it these days.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Potential Tuner
    i know this is kinda old, but again, glad to hear that its being worked on..

i can wait, id rather go with the best, then settle for primitive tuning, or wiring up an SAFC II for just basic tuning.

and to answer the PT GT guy, i would strongly assume, yes, that it would work for the PT if it worked for the neon.

dialbo has JUST confirmed that their handheld tuner will work for both, since they are the same ECU, minus the auto tragic that the PT has.

Look here's the problem right now with the SCT and Diablo....

There's no scanner....

sure you can load in one of their made up tunes, but you can be almost certain it won't be right for your car if your modded at all.

I just tuned an 05 SRT4 using SCT, the car had a stage 2 computer, 65 # injectors, 50 trim turbo(i think, can't recall now) and the tune They sent me to use was ridiculous. the fuel trims were off by 25%, everywhere. and I don't mean I just had to add or subtract 25% from the whole map, it was +25% in some spots and -25% in others, that followed no pattern whatsoever.

The only way I could tune it was by using a snap-on scanner, watching it real time on the dyno in steady state mode and pretty much hitting as many points as i could in the fuel map and writing down how far the trims were off, and then making my chanes. Plus the fact that all your changes are made in the VE map, there's no MAF to tune, so your tuning an entire VE map, that btw is complete crap from dodge to begin with, it looks like the rocky mountains here in colorado, no lie....

This is a real PIA when you don't have a proper scanner that you can go back through and look at hisograms or at least scan back across with a cursor and pick out the points you want to change.

If I were an SRT4 owner, I'd wait for HPtuners, as their scanner is one of the best for the GM's and they are getting there with the Ford's, I am assuming the dodge's will be in the same boat, so your life with be tenfold easier when trying to tune your car.

I would not reccomend the competitors stuff right now unless you have some way of scanning your car.
    Last edited by Fox95; 09-11-2008 at 11:36 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.