Thread: Stft pulling -30 % at idle only help!!!!!!!

Potential Tuner

Stft pulling -30 % at idle only help!!!!!!!

I've gotten my tune pretty much dialed in but i cant seem to pull fuel from the map where these stft kick in. At WOT fuel trims are 0-3% +/-, but in park or gear when i let off the gas the cars pulling upwards of -30 % on the stft. Ltft disabled. Gen 3 5.3, ls6 intake and injectors, Btr stage 2 Truck cam, Full exhaust with mufflers, 93 oct, CAI. Should i be tuning these numbers in relation to the stft with my VE table? I've got it running pretty good besides this.box cruise 2.hplbox full throttle pulls.hplbox stock tune.hpt

If the injector data is right and you don't have extremely high fuel pressure, you've likely done something partially wrong with your MAF and VE tuning.

You really need a wideband for this instead of just using fuel trims.

I bet if you pulled 3-5% from the MAF below 7,500hz and remove a little bit from the VE table in area's for idle and part throttle, the fuel trims would start to come back up toward zero.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I ordered a wideband. Im running a walbro 255 with the corvette regulator. Ill gauge it to be sure. Thanks for the help ill try some tinkering.

Potential Tuner
    Got all my stft & ltft trims within 0-3% +/- at idle and part throttle.

Anytime you add a can with more overlap it loses efficiently at idle so less fuel is needed vs the stock cam…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C