Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQ4 btr truck norris cam

Potential Tuner

LQ4 btr truck norris cam

I am having an issue with deceleration stalling. it seems like my idle drop bad on deceleration and looking to see where to start.

LQ4 with a BTR truck norris cam.sloppy.hpt

Post up a log of this happening and you might get a better response
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

^Get a log with appropriate channels for airflow/idle etc.

Im having the same issue, did you get a log to post? I have a log to compare to also if that helps us get them closer.

Quote Originally Posted by 86K10 View Post
    Im having the same issue, did you get a log to post? I have a log to compare to also if that helps us get them closer.
    Post your Log and your Tune
    And as suggested above make sure you are logging idle air flow
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Post your Log and your Tune
    And as suggested above make sure you are logging idle air flow
    Im not around my normal laptop, this is the log and tune though. Hopefully it gives some insight. I can get another log if I missed a channel I should have had. Thank you also for taking the time to help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Im not around my normal laptop, this is the log and tune though. Hopefully it gives some insight. I can get another log if I missed a channel I should have had. Thank you also for taking the time to help!
    Are you purposely not logging LTFT?
    And do you want MAF only above 1500 RPM?

Need to add MAF hz (at least) to your channels so you can log ARF error

Try this. I added a Idle base air flow and timing. This is a total guess at a starting point, but hopefully will minimize stall while you are logging

Here are 2 Channel configurations examples. One is for MAF/VE Tuning, The other is idle air flow.
    Most suggest using vehicle specific PIDS, when available, instead of the SAE that a lot of these are.

That's my first datalog attempt, I will add that channel to my next one and post it. Much appreciated! Currently it will idle just fine as long as you don't rev it up, also stalls when coasting to a stop. SEEMS ok everywhere else but this is all new to me so I'm sure there's room for improvement. Thanks again for the time

Do you have drive by cable or wire? You might have to zero out the adaptive idle airflow tables for a bit, I've heard they can mess with things while sorting stuff out. Anybody else do this?

1st one was a quick try, MAF hz added. I thought i successfully added LTFT but didnt show up. I did get it added to the 2nd log but it showed no changes in values. Thank you for making a quick edit for me to try, I will do it hopefully tomorrow mid day if Im around the truck again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by curiousg7 View Post
    Do you have drive by cable or wire? You might have to zero out the adaptive idle airflow tables for a bit, I've heard they can mess with things while sorting stuff out. Anybody else do this?
    Mine is Drive by wire.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousg7 View Post
    Both DBW and DBC have idle air adjusting procedures where you Zero all air adders and fix the timing.
    This is how you dial in your Base Running Air Flow...

But you have to have your MAF & VE spot on (your foundation) otherwise it will never really be right.

I know sorry that was meant to be 2 different questions lol was gonna see if they had an aftermarket tb.

Oem truck throttlebody, intake mani, injectors

1st one was a quick try, MAF hz added. I thought i successfully added LTFT but didnt show up. I did get it added to the 2nd log but it showed no changes in values. Thank you for making a quick edit for me to try, I will do it hopefully tomorrow mid day if Im around the truck again.
    I'll make a quick adjust to your MAF based on this log. I'll have to adjust my graph for STFT error (Mine is LTFT + STFT Average)

In your Tune you have the LTFT disabled...
    Tab Engine>Fuel>Oxygen Sensors> Long Term Fuel Trims... Min Engine Coolant Temperature. You have it set to 284 "Below this Temp LTFT is disabled". My Camaro is set to 95

This is awesome info man. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the data but it's definitely nice to be learning this side of the building process. Is there any reason in particular the Tuner would have set it that high?

I also noticed it seemed to Knock Retard when I was coasting in to my street and reapplying throttle, did you notice that by chance? Normal? I may have been seeing things but I swore it lit up red in that column.

Some people turn LTFTs off while tuning. I did to make it simpler and so I didn't have to reset them constantly in the scanner. Also sometimes long tubes and some other stuff can cause LTFTs to drift in different directions at different times. The trim will remember it in one direction and screw it up on next start or WOT or whatever. It is generally good to have them function though.

Ok I gotcha.