Thread: Flash a Tune Log

Tuner in Training

Question Flash a Tune Log

What is the simplest form of Flashing ( edit: data to the computer) Tune log, is it a form of overwriting..? I have not seen anything and nothing shows up forum search,,, obviously I don't know where to look.. Thanks for any assistance
    Last edited by LC9er; 10-23-2021 at 10:48 PM. Reason: The Verbiage is unsuitable

Haven't heard it put that way before so even I am not sure what you mean by that.

Tune and Log to me are two different things. We log data to help modify the calibration and flash those changes into the computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No one else has either, my 1 green dot means my Hp verbiage is on the lite side.. So, I know how to read it and log it but *flashing the data was the question.. Thanks
    If you're not in the learning curve you've given up on education..

Taking the tune file you have, making a simple change like updating the tire size would warrant a "flash". The change would be made, the new file saved with a new name to help keep track of changes and to leave bread crumbs, then the new file would be flashed into the vehicle to make the change actually happen inside the calibration of the computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok,,, Thanks That,s what I was asked to do and the proper process was not clear to so i asked the question...
    If you're not in the learning curve you've given up on education..