Thread: idiot needs help

Tuner in Training

idiot needs help

so i installed a lsxceleration stage 2.1 cam and paid to have a guy do a email tune for my 07 avalanche 5.3 because i have never tuned a vehicle. i did buy hp tuners and the books from the tuning school to hopefully learn to tune, because i bought the parts to build a turbo kit and i would like to tune it myself. its running ok at best right now. the idle is a little rough and i usually have to crack the throttle on a warm start, but not always.
    i started tuning in maf only and got that dialed in really close, but i tried to tune VE and here is where im having the most troubles. when i follow the steps and disable the MAF, i get the traction stability light/warning and it starts shifting really bad and its making it impossible to tune any further. would anyone be willing to look at the tune and possibly tell me what you see wrong or even just point me in the right direction? im not looking for anyone to tune my truck for free or anything. i really want to learn to do it myself. i just need a little guidance. thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    I'll be glad to help with VE tuning.

Load this one and email me a datalog when you can.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Big Dog Tuning
    [email protected]

Big Dog tune 2007 ve tuning start 2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    I'll be glad to help with VE tuning.

Load this one and email me a datalog when you can.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Big Dog Tuning
    [email protected]

Big Dog tune 2007 ve tuning start 2.hpt
    thank you. i really appreciate that. ill load it up and try it out.