Thread: stoichiometric AFR

stoichiometric AFR

Hey

Does the period control feature can directly control the stoichiometric AFR? or are is a another option ?
    I want to change stoichiometric to 15.5 AFR to get better MPG.

Nissan Y62 2016

Thank in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AT View Post
    Hey

Does the period control feature can directly control the stoichiometric AFR? or are is a another option ?
    I want to change stoichiometric to 15.5 AFR to get better MPG.

Nissan Y62 2016

Thank in advance
    I would suggest to do the AFR Conversion first then if it didn't do what your targeting you can go and adjust the period control so you wouldn't mess up you fueling.

My personal approach is by MAF calibration.
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_50 View Post
    I would suggest to do the AFR Conversion first then if it didn't do what your targeting you can go and adjust the period control so you wouldn't mess up you fueling.

My personal approach is by MAF calibration.
    Thank you for you reply.

Maf calibration will not help me with targeting 15.5 at idle and course .
    it's only will help me with wot tuning and maf scalling after installing bigger maf or intake tune.

i will test the AFR Conversion table and see the result.

The MAF should only be altered if the MAF or intake is different to stock. The compensation Fuel tables allow for the mixture to be dialled in, the MAF id calibrated on the Bench to be correct, adjusting the MAF gives a false airflow reading which in turn makes the torque calculation incorrect.

I would adjust the AFR conversion and the Equilibrium point by the same amount if you wish to run leaner in closed loop, I have not tried but it should work. You may also need to adjust the rear 02 non-activation.

[QUOTE=4wheelinls1;674655]The MAF should only be altered if the MAF or intake is different to stock.

Yes that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post

I would adjust the AFR conversion and the Equilibrium point by the same amount if you wish to run leaner in closed loop, I have not tried but it should work. You may also need to adjust the rear 02 non-activation.

i will try to adjust the AFR Conversion and see if there are any changing in the afr reading. and then i will try the others which you mentions.

thank you for the good info.