Thread: 2020 Hellcat part throttle Surge

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 2020 Hellcat part throttle Surge (Tuner Knowledge Needed)

Long time lurker on the forms but wanted to check here before looking at a hardware issue with the car.

The car\setup:
    2.85 hellraiser
    10% lower ATI
    FIC 1200 Inj
    Tapped performance double pump (Stage 1.5)
    JLT intake
    JLT CC
    NGK LFR7AIX # 2309 (Gapped to .027)
    Stock exhaust including Cats
    2020 Hellcat Charger 14k miles owned since new (Mods on car since 3500Miles)

Issue:
    When at mid throttle (40%-75%) i am getting a bad surge almost bucking like. If i press through to WOT or lower throttle input all is good. This has been an issue since my car was tuned on both E85 tune & Flex tune.

What has been tested\changed:
    -My tuner has went through the tune and doesn't see anything that stands out configuration wise.
    -Adjustments to maximum demanded throttle (44389), WOT Override Throttle Setpoint (35059). Matched those to stock and only difference was slower response but same result with surging.
    - Turned off rear O2s for testing - No change

Supporting Data:
    I have attached my flex tune that is being used along with a log showing mid throttle. Mid throttle is at the end of the log i will attach a screen shot as well displaying this.
    -What i noticing looking in the logs is i don't notice boost surging and i don't see timing moving around to much to account for the surging\bucking

Question:
    Does this look to be an issue within the tune or a hardware issue? My tuner is very reputable within the dodge tuning platform so i am guessing this isn't a normal issue. Again i never had any type of surging mid throttle when stock this only started after mods and tune. I thank anyone that takes the time to troubleshoot.

Log Hellcat Charger ScreenShot.png

2020 Hellcat Charger Flex .hpt
    Log Hellcat Charger.hpl
    Last edited by rowland2004; 10-25-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Try Throttle Relearn and Reset Adaptives as well, it might help.

Potential Tuner
    I have done the throttle relearn but not the adaptives. I'll give that a shot

Tuner in Training
    email me on
    [email protected]
    i will send u i file trie it

Potential Tuner
    Just to keep the thread going on what was sent over.

@Hemi4277 - Was looking at the file you sent over and wanted to ask why you enabled VVT ?

File Comparison .jpgHemi4277 File Changes.jpg

Hemi4277 File Sent to me.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Well looking at the tune I know exactly who tuned it. You are about the 5th person I am aware of with the same issue.
    If you are still having issue reply back and we can work on fixing it.
    Last edited by jonx96; 03-28-2022 at 01:45 PM.