Thread: Low spark advance on high rpm

Low spark advance on high rpm

Hi!

Can anyone tell me if 17 is a reasonable spark advance at 6000 rpm and 250 lb-ft on my engine?
    The engine is a LS1 with 243 heads, LS6 cam, Holley Single-Plane Intake Manifold 300-163, Holley Four Barrel Throttle Body 112-587.
    The dyno tells me I get less than 200 RWHP which is a disappointment.

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at supplied logs and tune file.
    Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    17 is low. You should be able to run 24-26 degrees WOT spark advance with that combination. Stock 98-02 LS1/241 heads were programmed with as much as 28 degrees from the factory. With 243 heads 1-2 degree less might be better. You will usually make more power with more timing and richer a/f than less timing with leaner a/f.

17 isn't great, however, there seems to be other things going on here. The one log shows ~.75 lambda target which is super rich.
    I'm pretty sure when you flash a tune it will default to the low octane table for spark advance, so you might have to make them match while you tune it. (could be wrong here)
    You should log cylinder mass and a few other things as well.

Oh and the single plane intake is problly not the best choice unless you are spinning it to like 7000 rpm

His intake temps are also pulling timing on him too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    hi
    contact me on
    [email protected]
    i will send u a file

Quote Originally Posted by hemi4277 View Post
    hi
    contact me on
    [email protected]
    i will send u a file
    Post the file here so everyone can see it, Genius. Don't want to do that? Wonder why.

Who in their right mind would trust a file, any file, from someone who showed up here one week ago with this as their first post?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t8-2013-chally
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi4277 View Post
    hello guys i tuned my car and everything is so so good i did some backfires with down rev wot spark table and base and dis the dfco
    my problem is when the car moves just moves it backfires as i tuned it even in the log it goes -40 but when the stopes 0 mile it does not back fire
    need help whats the hint and thanks all

Tuner in Training
    Haha wow, that's impressive. I trust him. I bet he's related to the Nigerian prince who promised to send me $1 million when I gave him $100k back in the 90's. Still waiting..

Tuner in Training
    i will not open my mouth
    know why cause u are the most clever boy on earth
    trie this file and trie to keep iat temp down
    most clever person in life lets clap for him guys
    Attached Files Attached Files