Thread: Garrett chooses SCT LiveWire! for turbo tuning.

Tuner in Training

Garrett chooses SCT LiveWire! for turbo tuning.

SCT this year earned top new product at SEMA with the their LiveWire ECM programmer. SCT is primarily geared toward Ford products. However, Garrett commisioned them directly to provide tuning support for the Chevy Cobalt L61 turbo kit that Garrett currently has in development. The tuning will support the E16 ECM for forced induction applications.

Now, with that bit of news, I'm curious about a few things.

HP Tuners is a superior product due to the end user having the ability to do the tuning themselves from a laptop. You don't have to get HP Tuners to make the tune for you. So I will still prefer to see some HPT support. But...

Hey HP Tuner's, did Garrett ever approach you about providing support for their kit? After all, you have a much better product, and are GM focused.

If not, did you know they were looking for a company to provide it? Did any of your people talk to Garrett during SEMA?

How many dollars would be involved in such a deal? Meaning, if Garrett comes to you and wants to commision you to provide the tuning support for their kit, how much are you gonna ask?

And here is why I ask. There are other companies out there that are still looking for a good tuning solution for their turbo kits, like Hahn Racecraft.

Hint, Hint...

i spoke to Garrett at SEMA because i was interested in their new turbo kit (for obvious reasons) and how they were tuning it. They basically said they needed a turnkey solution because they have no inhouse tuners, basically they sent the whole car to SCT. We don't provide that kind of service so no chance we would have got a look in.

I also asked the garrett guy why they chose that engine and he didn't really know and had no idea how many they might sell. I'm sure somebody at Garret knows the answer to that question though...

Hahn already uses our product for their cobalt kits.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    awesome find HC - soon as i'm back on my feet (sick today) you can bet i'll be researching this and posting what i find

lets not start a thread about a competitors product on our forum.
    I count sheep in hex...