Thread: 2014 Caprice PPV HP Tuners not reading PCM/TCM

Tuner in Training

2014 Caprice PPV HP Tuners not reading PCM/TCM

I have a 2014 Caprice with an E38 PCM. I had the car running after doing a write entire with a stock caprice tune. I had to do this due to swapping to another PCM. I was having drivability issues and throwing a P0615 code, so I got another PCM and did the same write entire. I then started to get a U0100 code, and during this time I was having issues with the car running (possibly a bad maf). Following this, I took my battery terminals off and left the car for two days while waiting for my new MAF to come in. When I put power back to the car, I was unable to start it and HPT will not read the ECM or TCM. It says controller unlock timed out. I can only read the cars FSCM. Does this sound like both my ECM and TCM got bricked from the battery being off? I'm at a loss and considering dropping the car off at Chevy and have them check the modules.

If it was me I would have had the new to you computer flashed with a GM tool to the VIN/OS you wanted. HP Tuners can't flash every segment when swapping computers and perhaps it's possible that something didn't work right and now you have problems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Issue has been resolved. Not a tuning/bricking issue.

Potential Tuner
    Any Update? What was the fix? Having the same issue now.