Thread: Help please! 2012 RAM 2500 4x4

Tuner in Training silverbullet01's Avatar

Help please! 2012 RAM 2500 4x4

Hey Guys! I dont want to sound like a broken record but I am new at this tuning thing with a laptop. I thought adding a small cam would help with the power. No clue I would be 3 weeks into trying to tune this thing. Ive read forums and watched videos. I want to learn it and figure it out but damn my head hurts and I need my truck It is a bone stock truck with a comp cams stage 1 hrt 216/222 camshaft. pt#201-300-17. I did manage to get it to idle and make it around the block. It seems pretty lame right now and Im sure its because I dont know what Im looking at. Any pointers, tips, ideas or anything to help me get the potential this truck has would greatly be appreciated like you wouldnt believe!12ramstock101321.hptfirst drive.hpl12ramstock101321ok.hptratnow.hpl The last 2 attachments were from this afternoon. The truck has the 66rfe trans, I thought someone was looking for a stock file for a 66rfe but I couldnt figure out how to post it.
    Thanks again for any help!

LST269HR14
    Advertised Intake Duration:269
    Advertised Exhaust Duration:271
    Intake Duration at .050 Inch Lift:216
    Exhaust Duration at .050 Inch Lift:222
    Intake Valve Lift:.520
    Exhaust Valve Lift:.515
    Lobe Separation:114

Potential Tuner
    Hey where you at with your tune? I'm running the exact truck and i've dialed in with wideband. I am very impressed with the power gains, I have also used the tuning schools 66rfe trans calculator and bumped my shift points to "aggressive". Starts, idles and runs great across the board. If you have any questions/tips let me know

Man I swear im losing it lol. Im not getting very far. One minute I think I have it and one minute I dont. Ive read and read and Im still not sure if I am supposed to turn NN off, vvt off, or exhaust cam phaser off? I am using the limiter (5761). The only tip I have so far is that you need to watch your usb cable because it can get caught in the steering column and break at that mpvi2
    Last edited by silverbullet01; 11-07-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Tuner in Training
    what areas are you trying to adjust? if it's ve i know nn needs turned off as it works in a different manner

I guess that is my one of my biggest problems im having is what to adjust. I stayed up last night reading forums and decided that this morning I was going to start all over. Im not sure if I have some kind of mental block going or what. Are there settings that need to be automatically changed when you swap a cam? like the nn or vvt or does that just depend on how you want to tune it?

This is what is in it currently. It seems run great when its cold but after it warms up it doesnt want to go anymore. It doesnt down shift either.

12ramstock101321 revised11221 (1).hpt

Potential Tuner
    Sorry I was busy for a while. Here's my tune, have a look and compare it to yours
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KernelTuck; 11-30-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Tuner in Training
    does your truck run good? I was comparing spark and air tables and your spark tables look crazy. But your trans tunes helped me tremendously!!

Potential Tuner
    Yes my truck hauls ass idles nice with no kr anywhere. I've always thought maximum timing possible with no kr produces best results. My vvt is disabled, could be my vvt tables/ numbers are such a way to allow higher spark without kr. I couldn't find a clear guide on tuning vvt, but haven't tried neural network training. Curious to know if guys are happy with it and are getting the results they want.