Thread: ZR1 OBD Scanner

Potential Tuner

ZR1 OBD Scanner

Hey guys looking for some guidance, I have a 2011 C6 Corvette ZR1. I work on cars for a living so I am not new to car's but definitely new to HP Tuners. I wanted to be able to access all my modules in my car for DTC and parameter viewing. I dont plan on tuning the car as I have never done this before. What hardware/software would you guys recommend? I am weighing out my options of buying an OBD scanner or something from HP that would allow for more access to DTC's/ Parameters ect. Or if I wanted to possibly tinker with some stuff. What would you guys suggest?

HP Tuners would really only let to see the PCM and TCM if equipped. No air bag, ABS, BCM stuff.

So if you wanted a nice scan tool that lets you see all of that other stuff then I would be looking for something else. I don't know how big your budget is because some of those scan tools can set you back $300 to $1000+ pretty damn quick.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome thanks for the info I will look into an OBD scanner and maybe something from HP Tuners to wake up my stock ZR1 in the future!

As a generic I like my Matco Maximus. Seems to do everything on everything. It is of course not my MDI2 TLC but it will only do GM. You couldn't give me a Snap On scanner it you paid me. Over priced garbage that will get you in trouble due to incorrect data. I have gone through my share of scan tools all they way back to my original Mastertech that I had about $20K in cartridges and adapters.