Thread: Another new guy asking questions

Potential Tuner

Another new guy asking questions

Hi everyone,
    Totally new to all of this.
    Transplanting the driveline of a 2018 SRT Challenger into a 68 Convertible Newport.
    My questions is do I still need the Smart Access Cable if I am stripping down the original wiring harnesses to only control the motor/trans? I am still using the electronic gas pedal and brake switch. I'm also trying to go from the T-shifter to a rotary. Been working through all the wiring for the past few days and I don't think I even need that module the Smart Cable connects to. I also might be wrong about that so if anyone knows more than me, please let me know.
    Thanks

I know the PCM has to be unlocked before you can do anything with it, and I wonder if there is a way to deal with the SGW Module once it's unlocked. More in line with your question - I don't know for sure, and can't find any info about a swap with a 2018+ PCM. I didn't dig very hard, but I looked around here and on the Googles and there isn't anything obvious I've found.

My assumption would be that the PCM will know there's a module (SGW) missing from the network, and that would cause a problem i.e. no cummunication. But if it's not there and there aren't any other modules...maybe not.

Makes me wonder if a 2017 or older PCM may be a potential solution in your particular situation, since it's going into an old vehicle without any other modules to deal with.

I'd try positing in the Dodge Gas tuning forum though. I doubt many will see this post.