Thread: Missing Parameters

Exclamation missing params

Hi, recently Ive noticed that the VCM editor no longer has the option to disable or enable oxygen sensors. I tune my Challenger and i have already shutoff the sensors previously but this time its not there. Is this a Beta issue? I need to be able to turn on widebands again and its not available.

I am hoping that I am not the only person with this issue and others will jump in and comment. It seems Hptuners have removed some vital parameters from the software. The parameters that I have noticed gone so far as Oxygen sensor enable/disable. I have only ever used this feature for Off-Road applications and only for dyno testing without the ECU interfering with fuel trims. Regardless of the use it was always on the software until recently. Does anyone else use these parameters? Is there a legitimate reason we cant have these? I have already contacted customer support but the answer given is...

"HP Tuners designs and manufacturers software and hardware tools for vehicle diagnostics, scanning, logging, calibration, and data acquisition purposes. The authorized use of such tools is to bring a motor vehicle into emissions compliance and/or to maintain emissions compliance, as well as for use on competition/racing and other exempted vehicles. HP Tuners does not create or provide tunes or pre-made calibrations.
    HP Tuners? Terms of Use, policies and agreements mandate that users shall comply with all local, state, and federal laws. In using the HP Tuners software and hardware tools, you are representing, warranting, and agreeing not to use, employ or allow any HP Tuners tools to operate as a defeat device or to violate emissions compliance in any manner whatsoever. You further represent, warrant, and agree that the HP Tuners tools shall only be used by manufacturers, calibration businesses and professionals to develop emissions compliant calibrations.

The MPVI2 is a tool used to correctly calibrate a vehicle. Its proper use is to bring a vehicle into emissions compliance or to keep it in compliance. We do not support emissions related deletions of any kind. "

Quite frankly I am not happy with that answer, or the software at this point. Any other input?
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 10-28-2021 at 10:14 AM. Reason: multiple posts of the same topic

It's an EPA thing, they removed that stuff on 4.10 or whatever the newest version is.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Is this only for the front O2's it seems? Or front, and rear's?
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

I just hit a couple of Ford and GM tunes and it's all there....

Can you provide a screen shot/cal file to look at? I also just updated to the latest Beta and re-checked.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

I'd also like to see a screenshot or something. I don't have my laptop close by at the moment, but I was just messing with a 2004 Jeep LJ yesterday and could have sworn the downstream O2s were there. Granted, that's a pretty old controller. Maybe that matters. I'll have to look at some files tomorrow, because I wasn't really paying attention.

That's the answer you got because that's the answer everyone gives nowadays. The EPA is breathing down everyone's neck. Emissions upgrades of any kind are really becoming a pain in the rear. It's hard to even find anywhere to get parts for that stuff. Circumventing anything emissions related is going to come to an end eventually.

Advanced Tuner
    No idea what version it changed but a exhaust tab which had 2 on/off switches is gone from all E40 files I have seen. (I am not saying I have seen all possible files)

Tuner in Training
    I can confirm on their latest version 4.10 that the ability to disable rear O2 has been removed. For those who have their rear O2 sensors disabled in their tunes, you better have a version of the tune where all the O2's are still enabled, otherwise, you won't be able to turn it back ON once you update to the latest version. Then you will have problems passing the emissions test. Not sure but Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady L View Post
    I can confirm on their latest version 4.10 that the ability to disable rear O2 has been removed. For those who have their rear O2 sensors disabled in their tunes, you better have a version of the tune where all the O2's are still enabled, otherwise, you won't be able to turn it back ON once you update to the latest version. Then you will have problems passing the emissions test. Not sure but Just a thought.
    It would make sense that this would cause problems. What a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    No idea what version it changed but a exhaust tab which had 2 on/off switches is gone from all E40 files I have seen. (I am not saying I have seen all possible files)
    Oof.

Tuner
    One more reason to have a few versions of VCMsuite and a couple MPVIs. You can easily install more than one version of VCMsuite on one computer.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertus76 View Post
    One more reason to have a few versions of VCMsuite and a couple MPVIs. You can easily install more than one version of VCMsuite on one computer.
    When I tried updating my VCM Suite to 4.10, that is how I found out. But as far as I can remember, when Installed the newer version, it deleted my 4.8. I ended up uninstalling the whole VCM suite and did a clean install of the older version 4.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady L View Post
    When I tried updating my VCM Suite to 4.10, that is how I found out. But as far as I can remember, when Installed the newer version, it deleted my 4.8. I ended up uninstalling the whole VCM suite and did a clean install of the older version 4.8
    Is there a repository where the 4.8 version resides?
    2002 Suburban 5.3L (BTR V2 Stage II Truck Cam Kit) | 4L60E (Corvette Servo)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by leciphern View Post
    I don't think you can find any of the older versions of VCM suite HPT website. Best bet is to look for it under your downloads folder. You should be able to find the installation file in zip.

Tuner in Training
    ^^ thanks
    2002 Suburban 5.3L (BTR V2 Stage II Truck Cam Kit) | 4L60E (Corvette Servo)

Quote Originally Posted by leciphern View Post
    There are some people in a Facebook group I'm in who have compiled older versions of VCM Suite among other things HPT related. Based on your signature you may be in it too. Rhymes with copy organics.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just a reminder that redistributing our software is against our EULA
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"