Thread: 2014 Sierra 5.3 engine to LT1 6.2 swap Help!

Tuner in Training

2014 Sierra 5.3 engine to LT1 6.2 swap Help!

Looking for a fresh set of eyes on this truck. We pulled the 5.3 engine out and installed a 6.2 long block which we pulled from a 17 Camaro. We equipped the truck with a TSP camshaft, L86 intake and throttle body, all other bolt ons as well as a Circle D converter. The truck makes outstanding power and drivability is great outside of two issues. First and main concern is when started and performing any low speed driving maneuvers where you have small inputs of throttle and release, the truck will die, and or surge pretty heavily and most of the time will not recover. This truck is one of the few Gen V platforms with such modifications, like cam and bigger cubic inches than factory, which I have tuned. I am attaching a log as well as the current file in hopes to attain a little more insight on the Gen V platform. I have looked through this and have only 2 main things that I see which may cause some of my issue but I have no knowledge of how it is being commanded, TORQUE MNGT ADVANCE and MAX ENGINE TORQUE. I have had the truck on the dyno, and it does well through pulls, but in tuning virtual torque tables, I have not been able to attain MAX ENGINE TORQUE numbers to remain higher than delivered throughout the whole pull, and is there a way to determine what controls TORQUE MNGT ADVANCE? Am I not correct in thinking the Virtual Torque is what controls MAX torque? The truck dies at 1.48 and 2.07. The last concern is while going wot from 1st gear the truck will pull timing down but I dont remember it doing this on the dyno while performing 3rd gear pulls. I will go pull a log of that also and post.
    Thanks to anyone who can help with clearing a few things up for me.IDLE SPARK TRANSITION STILL DIES.hplFILE CHECK.hpt

Tuner in Training
    bump