Thread: Advanced options - OS fallback/override

Advanced Tuner

Advanced options - OS fallback/override

See the notes on advanced scanner options here: https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...-overview.html

Just want to start some dialogue to see if anyone has used this feature with success. The descriptions of fallback and override make it seem like there is some additional setup required for the properties of each. I tried to use this on a supported vehicle that doesn't report, or misreports its Operating System ID or VIN with no luck. Previously, when I asked support about scanner issues they noted this vehicle would need the VIN written into the PCM with OEM tools. I took this to mean the scanner cannot decode the VIN (since it is not there) and it does not know what vehicle it is connected to. I have not had the PCM flashed yet but this feature seems like it was made to overcome the lack of VIN situation so we could at-least data log. Or maybe this is for a different purpose?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    See the notes on advanced scanner options here: https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...-overview.html

Just want to start some dialogue to see if anyone has used this feature with success. The descriptions of fallback and override make it seem like there is some additional setup required for the properties of each. I tried to use this on a supported vehicle that doesn't report, or misreports its Operating System ID or VIN with no luck. Previously, when I asked support about scanner issues they noted this vehicle would need the VIN written into the PCM with OEM tools. I took this to mean the scanner cannot decode the VIN (since it is not there) and it does not know what vehicle it is connected to. I have not had the PCM flashed yet but this feature seems like it was made to overcome the lack of VIN situation so we could at-least data log. Or maybe this is for a different purpose?
    vehicle needs to be a supported vehicle(vehicle on our supported vehicle list) and needs to have a valid vin/os pairing in order for our scanner software to work properly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    vehicle needs to be a supported vehicle(vehicle on our supported vehicle list) and needs to have a valid vin/os pairing in order for our scanner software to work properly.
    Vehicle is on the list.

So if it has a valid pairing and it is not reported correctly it still will not work? Was this developed for a specific vehicle platform? Just trying to understand the use cases for this feature.