Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After "HP OS modifications" applied car starts for a second then shuts off.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    I think you misunderstood, you can still leave the flex fuel mod switch as disabled, which won't enable flex fuel. In fact this is what you should do if you aren't running a flex kit or plan on using the mod. HOWEVER, if flex fuel is disabled, the Low Ethanol tables/scalar are the tables being referenced even when flex is disabled. I realize this is a bit confusing, which is why I'm migrating back to the OEM tables being used. For example, if you want to edit the cranking IPW, instead of editing Crank IPW 1-6 in Fuel -> General -> Startup, you would instead edit the Crank IPW 1-6 tables in Fuel -> Flex Fuel -> Low Ethanol Content (Leaving Flex Mode still as "Disabled"). The logic remains the same, it's just the table gets moved to a different location in the software. Editing the original OEM tables with custom features applied will make no changes
    Oh no, I understand what you were telling me, but the only way I can get the car to start no matter what I do is tell it to enable flexfuel via tgv left. That is the only thing I have to do to the patched base file is turn it on (tgv left) no flex sensors or anything connected to the vehicle and the car starts up the same as it does with the base unpatched file. Changing the scalar or cranking ipw has no effect whatsoever on getting the car to start if flex is disabled on the patched file for my instance at least. Like I litterally patched the file and the car wouldnt start. I then tried changing the mentioned settings and had no effect and no start still. I put it all back to a base patched file and the ONLY change to the patched file was that I turned on flexfuel (tgv left) (my car even still has tgvs at the moment lol) and the car starts as if it has the regular unpatched base file in it. So my question is why does it do that if what your telling me (and what your telling me makes sense. Im not questioning that so I hope you dont take it that way at all!) Should be all I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by lockner13 View Post
    Oh no, I understand what you were telling me, but the only way I can get the car to start no matter what I do is tell it to enable flexfuel via tgv left. That is the only thing I have to do to the patched base file is turn it on (tgv left) no flex sensors or anything connected to the vehicle and the car starts up the same as it does with the base unpatched file. Changing the scalar or cranking ipw has no effect whatsoever on getting the car to start if flex is disabled on the patched file for my instance at least. Like I litterally patched the file and the car wouldnt start. I then tried changing the mentioned settings and had no effect and no start still. I put it all back to a base patched file and the ONLY change to the patched file was that I turned on flexfuel (tgv left) (my car even still has tgvs at the moment lol) and the car starts as if it has the regular unpatched base file in it. So my question is why does it do that if what your telling me (and what your telling me makes sense. Im not questioning that so I hope you dont take it that way at all!) Should be all I need to do?
    This shouldn't be the case at all. It should be set to disabled. Can you send some logs of a couple attempted starts while disabled and also with it set to the TGV switch? Current Injector Scalar, mass airflow, IPW, anything you can helps.

Tuner in Training
    This shouldn't be the case at all. It should be set to disabled. Can you send some logs of a couple attempted starts while disabled and also with it set to the TGV switch? Current Injector Scalar, mass airflow, IPW, anything you can helps.
    I have the same exact thing happening here on a 2015 STI. Injector scalar stays at 0 if flex is disabled...car will start and die.
    SHUETUNING
    Powertraincontrolsolutions

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sohc_mshue View Post
    I have the same exact thing happening here on a 2015 STI. Injector scalar stays at 0 if flex is disabled...car will start and die.
    So, if you enable the input fpr tgv left (or rear o2) and set the flex inj scalar to your scalar thatyou need, will it run? Also, you will need to set the ethanol content sensor scaling to 0 across the board unless you actually are really using the input for E85 concentration level measurement or it will think it sees E content and try to blend the maps. In otherwords, if you scale it across all 0 then E content will always say 0 and it wont use the map blending. I was also having checksum issues and failed flashing, I believe what was causing that was I had changed my base map inj scalar and timing /afr maps outside the flex window. You need to leave any map in the base file that is duplicated in flex maps alone. Make all those changes to the flex low eth maps. The injector base latency and pulse width comp maps in base file can be change because there not duplicated in flex mapping. Let me know if I can help here. I have my car running now and all my AP maps converted obe to it and it succesfully flashes everytime now without checksum errors. Lots of bugs they need to get worked out but im determined to get mine right and hopefully work with hptuners to get things straight in the files and possibly add a few things like af#3 correction tables so you can change to disable af3 learning and also would like to see a voltage scale for tgv right so we can use fuel psi sensor on tgv righr input and rear o2 voltage scale as an input to run WB direct to ecu for logging!
    Thanks,
    Ben

Tuner in Training
    Evan,
    I will try, my best to get the requested info for you! I really want to work with you (hptuners) to get the subaru mapping improved and stable across the board. I see alot of these for tuning and would love to help and benefit by having a better program in the end! I know how the fules and nost of the code works so hopefully I can assist you as well as you assist me!

Thanks,
    Ben Lockner

Potential Tuner
    Was this ever fully resolved?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmainus View Post
    Was this ever fully resolved?
    As far as I can tell HPT has essentially been radio silent throughout this whole launch. I ended up ditching the platform for open source. I had a lot of hope for HPT but they bungled the launch so badly. Even bought a MVPI3 the first week of sale.

Potential Tuner
    IT has not. Same issue on my 2011 wrx