Thread: Engine/Airflow "Supercharger" Equipped = NO <--Why? Edelbrock E-force Jeep JK

Engine/Airflow "Supercharger" Equipped = NO <--Why? Edelbrock E-force Jeep JK

2014 Jeep JKU, 3.6L Penty.

Edelbrock E-Force / TVS Eaton 1320 supercharger.

I'm working up a new tune to replace the stock Edelbrock CARB compliant tune and I've spent hours in the last few days pouring over tweaks logs and settings.

Under in VCM, Engine / Airflow / Supercharger, I have looked at my own and many example tune files that are specifically for supercharged applications ( for instance JK 074D tune from Hemituna, the mighty ).

Every where I check, this flag for supercharger equipped is set to "NO" and there is no BARO MAP Rationality integer.

No doubt I'm asking a dumb question, but, why is that?

Engine Options.png

Update:

I just updated my laptop with VCM version 4.10.5. Now when I look at the Engine / Airflow / Supercharger, there is no setting for 'yes or no', only the BARO MAP Rationality.

Now I'm a bit more curious. Where did that setting go? Is this specific tune to tune that some tunes won't have this?

Advanced Tuner
    Because Edelbrock didn't develop the software...Chrysler did. So they work with what they can get their hands on, which often times isn't much.

Thanks, that makes sense and I get that. So my question would be, in further tuning of my application, is there any benefit to setting this flag to "YES" in the calibration?

Advanced Tuner
    Try it?
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    That tab is only applicable to factory supercharged vehicles with the suitable OS.
    HP use a fairly generic template and often there are sections/tables that dont really apply to all the OS's.
    Your OS doesn't know you are supercharged and thats ok, it will work fine anyways.