Thread: 2019 F150 Gt intake manifold upgrade questions.

Tuner in Training

2019 F150 Gt intake manifold upgrade questions.

Hi,
    I am about to swap a 2018+ GT manifold onto my '19 F150. What is the general procedure for tuning something like this? Obviously start with copying the manifold and imrc settings from a mustang file. But will it be beneficial to copy any of the speed density or any other tables from the mustang file or just change the stock f150 tables. How about cam phasing? Start with mustang settings?

If anyone wants to share a base file for this manifold on a truck that would be cool too. I searched but didn't really find anything.

I'm kinda a noob with coyote ecu's but know my way around a standalone ecu. I have a gen2/6r80 swapped new edge with a gt350 throttle and manifold that I managed to get to drive decent but still learning.

Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrostLSC View Post
    Hi,
    I am about to swap a 2018+ GT manifold onto my '19 F150. What is the general procedure for tuning something like this? Obviously start with copying the manifold and imrc settings from a mustang file. But will it be beneficial to copy any of the speed density or any other tables from the mustang file or just change the stock f150 tables. How about cam phasing? Start with mustang settings?

If anyone wants to share a base file for this manifold on a truck that would be cool too. I searched but didn't really find anything.

I'm kinda a noob with coyote ecu's but know my way around a standalone ecu. I have a gen2/6r80 swapped new edge with a gt350 throttle and manifold that I managed to get to drive decent but still learning.

Thanks in advance.
    You can start with mustang data. Post your file and log and I'll point you in the right direction as best as possible
    Jonah A. Cunningham
    Cunningham Performance LLC
    Owner

Tuner in Training
    The real question is what SD changes are needed since cam duration slightly less.
    Good time for a debate?
    If you start with GT settings, should be fairly close. If you set your cam targets to advance slightly, the SD effects I think should line up more correctly with the GT manifold
    Last edited by aksubiedubie; 12-31-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I've done the opposite, 19 F150 manifold on a gen 2 mustang. It ran fine with only tweaks to the IMRC controls. I think the hardest part will be adding the MAP sensor. I think it will drive fine without any tune changes.

Tuner in Training
    if i post my tune could you help me ?
    iam doing 18 manifold gt on my 2020 f150 5.0

We did that few times. Need to figure out how to connect MAP sensor - we have a solution. Tune changes are necessery.

I did this on my 2017 F150, but there are differences on the 2019. From an install standpoint, you just have to mount the MAP. Everything thing else should be plug and play. Disconnecting everything on the back of the intake is the hardest part of the install. Tune changes depend on if you are keeping the IMRC active or not. I would think the truck settings will work fine to start with and just require some tweaks on VCT. I deleted the IMRC stuff so I have more changes to make. Other that that I dialed in my VCT settings on the dyno for the best power curve.
    Paul
    Modern Muscle Motorsports
    www.modernmusclemotorsports.com
    Custom tuning using Diablosport, SCT, HP Tuners, Tuner Cat, FAST & Holley
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno