Thread: 04.5 cummins ecm mm3 limits

Tuner in Training db.charlie@yahoo.com's Avatar

04.5 cummins ecm mm3 limits

maybe this is a dumb question. I haven't been able to find it by searching.

Are there any limits to what the stock ecm can request for desired mm3 on the 04.5?

example: can I scale the duration table out to 180 or 200 mm3 instead of 140 and increase the mm3 values in the respective columns by the same %. I believe that would allow the overhead monitor to reflect accurate fuel mileage and any other necessary calculations to remain scaled to factory specs.
    then on the desired pedal to requested mm3, increase the 100% tps from 140 to whatever the max duration mm3 value is, 180 or 200.
    I believe this will still allow for the same requested duration in the end. just a different way to get there.

is there a limit to what I can request? should I just leave it to 140 and scale the duration table by X% in the lower right corner?

hopefully that makes sense. I am going to be tuning my friends 04.5 but I haven't gotten his truck in my possession to test this out. I figured I would ask here first before I started flashing tunes into his truck and data logging in to see what happens
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-30-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Dont think it will help...i have 130% over injectors....all my table are based on 145mm3 and my pedal map on 165 to get rid of a limiter and my overhead consol have like 2liter error from actual
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch