Thread: dodge durango /ram 5.9 efi 2001 in a 1973 dart

Potential Tuner

dodge durango /ram 5.9 efi 2001 in a 1973 dart

hey all wondering on which tuner unit to get ,,,
    pro?

so I know to tune a car you are gonna need a wideband o2 sensor..
    i have a 5.9 liter dodge in my 73 dart ..i currently using the ecm from dodge truck 5.9 2001 using the o2 sensors up and down stream with no cats
    seems to be running rich..
    will i need a aftermarket wideband for a remote tuner to help me?
    do i need the pro version?
    @Hptuners

thanks

Tuner in Training
    im tuning my 01 dakota with a 5.9 engine with hp tuners i already had a wideband sensor so i installed it into my exhaust. i do not have the pro version of the mvpI2 i just look at the wideband myself and make my own adjustments, but if your going to have a remote tuner do the work for you i would recommend getting the pro version so they can view the needed data.

Tuner in Training
    You will need a good clean reading from a wideband to accurately make, or have a remote tuner make adjustments. Your downstream O2's only monitor your cat condition, so they do not make any changes to the ECM other than throwing codes. If you are running rich I would first check your fuel pressure. I'm guessing to make the system work you may have used the corvette filter/regulator? I have seen the pressure from these range from 45-75lbs! Ideally you're looking for 58lbs.

Tuner in Training
    A dumb question, what can you actually tune in this PCM?

I have a bunch of CEL's I'd like to turn off, mainly around the evap system, which I don't need anymore.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    A dumb question, what can you actually tune in this PCM?

I have a bunch of CEL's I'd like to turn off, mainly around the evap system, which I don't need anymore.
    best thing i can say is find a file that is the same year as your vehicle and open it up in vcm editor and look around and see what all you can do for your year and model vehicle as some stuff varies between the years and i know hp just recently updated and added much more functions for the jtec and jtec+ systems
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    best thing i can say is find a file that is the same year as your vehicle and open it up in vcm editor and look around and see what all you can do for your year and model vehicle as some stuff varies between the years and i know hp just recently updated and added much more functions for the jtec and jtec+ systems
    Thanks. Will check it out.