Thread: Enrichment rate clarification

Tuner in Training

Enrichment rate clarification

Looking for some clarification for enrichment rate tables 1560 1561, 1562, 1563. The descriptions are a little vague.

I am especially interested in 1563. Is this indeed a delay?

What setting would be recommended for quick entry into power enrichment?

tc1.hpt

Thanks for any help provided!

Advanced Tuner
    I can?t say for 100% sure but I like to compare oem and aftermarket calibrations.

For mustangs, tables 1560-1562 are identically .05, .5, and .05 for the gt, gt500, and a very popular supercharger supplied tune. On a different supercharger supplied tune, these values are all 1.0.

Table 1563 on the gt is 0.1. On the gt500 and ?very popular supercharger? it?s 0.5. On the other very popular supercharger, it?s 1.0.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your time.
    That is also what I found, hard to infer what they are doing by comparison.
    1563 titles it as a delay, but units may indicate rate. The description is vague.

How have you set these in your successful tune, if I may ask?
    Last edited by ratsnotmice; 11-01-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Mine are all set to 1.0, which I think is a conservative route.

Also keep in mind that this table really needs to work with the lambda borderline spark timing correction table.

Tuner in Training
    Do you mean table 44585?

In what way do these parameters interact?

Advanced Tuner
    Think of it this way….when you initially go WOT it is at stoichiometry. Power enrichment ramps in but isn’t instantaneous. So, for some period of time you are running WOT at 1.0 lambda, 0.9 lambda, 0.8 lambda, and so on, depending on the PE reduction rate you originally asked about. The ecoboost calibrations seem to add timing as lambda richens up. The coyote pulls timing at 0.9 but adds at 0.75. The gt500 pulls a lot of timing at 0.8-0.9 and adds a little at 0.6. If set up wrong, this can lead to knock. There is a tip-in knock retard (44610) but I believe this could turn off before you get enough lambda enrichment.

According to some technical papers, knock is actually more likely at 0.85 lambda than it is at 1.0, but less likely than either at 0.75. However, if you believe ford’s data, it really just depends on the engine.

Tuner in Training
    Agreed that lambda affects timing for sure. I would also agree its extent depends on the engine--combustion chamber design, etc..

Thanks again for your time, my goal is to ensure power enrichment quickly and consistently at WOT.