Thread: 2016 impala 3.6 shift issue

Advanced Tuner

2016 impala 3.6 shift issue

I have been tuning the trans on my 2016 impala. Every since we got it 2 years ago it has had a issue where it feels like it gets caught in between gears. It does not happen often and i cannot cause the issue to catch it on a data log. I was wondering if this may be an issue with shift speeds. I was curious if a change in either oncoming volume preset or oncoming/offgoing pressure preset may help with this. Also any suggestions for driveability or better/quicker shifts are appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    OP, what exactly are you seeing in terms of being "caught in between gears"? I do notice that the 6T70 stock calibration is very clunky and honestly rough. I have attached my calibration from my 2012 impala. Please note that since your Impala is a Gen 2 6T70, the pressures are MUCH different since hydraulic changes were made for the 2013-2014 model year 6T70s. It appears that the calibration in the Gen2s request much higher line pressures with much lower fill times, so do be careful if you make any changes. Most of the changes that you're going to want is in the SHIFT TIMING section. I can explain how those generally work if you would like more info.

Best of luck!
    Jack
    Attached Files Attached Files