Thread: Tune VCT first or Spark 17 coyote

Tuner in Training

Tune VCT first or Spark 17 coyote

Hey guys, been doing a ton of research on VCT tuning and tuning the coyotes in general. I'm about to do a ported 18 manifold swap with IMRC locked out.

I have a good idea where to start with the VCT angles. Now should I tune the VCT first then spark or spark then VCT? If I remember correctly if you do spark then make more cylinder pressure with the VCT you can knock correct?

I have a starting point for setting g tune up after the swap. Disable mapped points 0-13 and disable imrc, update to 12.5L volume, and I have some came angles to start out to have it run and drive well at least. A starting point.

One thing I don't know how to do is extend the tables to tune VCT and spark and such in RPM. I think they cut off at 6500 and can't do anymore after. I haven't been able to find how to do this. Limiter will be set at 8000 shifting will be about 7500rpm. Would like to at least extend the tuning put to 7500 for VCT and spark.

My biggest thing will just be focusing on drivability. Car will be manifold swap only with X pipe and mufflers with a drop in filter. Don't plan on anything else from there.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LightingBlue17 View Post
    Hey guys, been doing a ton of research on VCT tuning and tuning the coyotes in general. I'm about to do a ported 18 manifold swap with IMRC locked out.

I have a good idea where to start with the VCT angles. Now should I tune the VCT first then spark or spark then VCT? If I remember correctly if you do spark then make more cylinder pressure with the VCT you can knock correct?

I have a starting point for setting g tune up after the swap. Disable mapped points 0-13 and disable imrc, update to 12.5L volume, and I have some came angles to start out to have it run and drive well at least. A starting point.

One thing I don't know how to do is extend the tables to tune VCT and spark and such in RPM. I think they cut off at 6500 and can't do anymore after. I haven't been able to find how to do this. Limiter will be set at 8000 shifting will be about 7500rpm. Would like to at least extend the tuning put to 7500 for VCT and spark.

My biggest thing will just be focusing on drivability. Car will be manifold swap only with X pipe and mufflers with a drop in filter. Don't plan on anything else from there.

Thanks
    VCT first
    Jonah A. Cunningham
    Cunningham Performance LLC
    Owner

Banned
    I can send you a tune for my 17 with ported 18 manifold locked imrc. Will be atleast a good starting point for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dnun93 View Post
    I can send you a tune for my 17 with ported 18 manifold locked imrc. Will be atleast a good starting point for you.
    see already selling my tune lol

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it dnun93 but I want to try myself. I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do to get it going and I have an idea on the cams for idle and WOT. Just a daily and not a race car. Just want more top end fun when playing lol.