Thread: ecoboost 2.3

ecoboost 2.3

help with throttle body closing
    Attached Files Attached Files

2.3 eco.hpl

don't know what else to mess with keeps closing on me I know knowledge isn't free if interested in helping for money pm me

You need a lot more info in your log. You should at least add all the sources and air load.

Advanced Tuner
    I've found on my Mustang that it'll close the throttle if the wastegate duty is getting ahead of torque demand.
    Might need to adjust wastegate base DC, or could be too high of driver torque demand for the load, I've seen that cause throttle closure too.
    Keep in mind that the ECU closing the throttle is a normal part of the boost control, so I would expect some.

Edit:
    Also, you're barely making any torque over stock right now, because your driver demand is still stock, bump up the last 2 columns in there by 20% and watch your boost jump
    Last edited by Seishuku; 11-03-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Hey all still having the same issue if someone can please guide me in the right direction I cannot get to the bottom of this issue, anyone with more experience care to lend a hand i will pay simply shoot me a PM boost seems perfect till about 4500 rpms where it consistently drops down to 10 PSI. Maybe even a file that will help me compare, i dont want the car to boost all the way to the moon i just wish it would stop dying out up top.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Need to add source PIDs to your log, otherwise it's just guessing what's causing it to pull load and drop boost.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian8501 View Post
    Hey all still having the same issue if someone can please guide me in the right direction I cannot get to the bottom of this issue, anyone with more experience care to lend a hand i will pay simply shoot me a PM boost seems perfect till about 4500 rpms where it consistently drops down to 10 PSI. Maybe even a file that will help me compare, i dont want the car to boost all the way to the moon i just wish it would stop dying out up top.
    you need to have these minimum pids and log in 3rd or 4th gear. pids.jpg press record at start of run and stop as soon as run is over for best resolution. after you log with these, i or somebody else can help you more.
    Last edited by Stevekreger; 02-05-2022 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added photo

Advanced Tuner
    Don’t have my lap top but it can over boost then it will default back to around 10 psi max until you restart the engine. It’s a annoying issue I’ve run into on a customers car on a long pull in 4th or 5th it will randomly overboost and then stuck to 10psi until he restarts