Thread: Red Eye Hellcat Expected Gains

Red Eye Hellcat Expected Gains

So, 19 Challenger Red eye, no miles, but enough to enable vct, hehe I know you've seen that table. Stainless works long tubes and high flow cats. Cat back portion is stock. 1300cc ID, ATI 10% and pinned crank, 3.20 pulley, E85, went for a dyno pull. Stock as delivered before mods we had 645hp at 5900rpm because of factory rpm limits in 5th. Did the work. Dynoed at 794 at 6600rpm. At the tire is what I'm saying. Customer says, "Thats all?" Smaller pulley rushed in to 2.8 range. Yet smaller. I forget the exactness. Dynoed again. Made 150 more torque now, 800tq range starting at 3800 and wont drop off till 5500. The boost was 210kpa after these mods. Boss says where's the boost at?

I read over previous hellcat tunes and went Airflow>Pressure Control>Throttle Inlet Pressure. Those two tables there.
    For example. Factory values given for those tables in a 2018 Charger Hellcat. Dyno or street pull and make 240kpa.
    I threw those in there. I got 240kpa or 2.4 Pratio average. Yay more boost. But why does this car just flat line power at 5400rpm and maintain steady regardless of timing all the way up? Best I could pull off is 830hp/810Tq. We are a Mustang Dyno.

Nothing seems to be limiting us here. Torque throttle source is just fine. No messages from it.
    Want to make customer happy but has got me wondering what he's been reading.
    I don't care about those videos about this and that hp hellcat videos making inflated numbers.
    Any performance parts lacking for this? I know this is a 2.5L Supercharger over a regular 2.3L hellcat.
    Any suggestions before I say that's the extent of my ability (ohh ya just gotta hate it) ???

Weeks or months or whatever before Tuning School delivers their hellcat "revised" course. Still going to buy it no question.

Any ideas?

Files in reply below
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 11-03-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Also, car made the higher boost (2.4P ratio) once before it got time to learn and clip it off. Once the Throttle Inlet Pressure tables change were made, it made 2.4P ratio repeatedly.

what are the IATs?

It's cold out so nothing more than 80 in a pull. Manifold Temp is what spark clipping is going by and it doesn't exceed 150F in a pull. Adjusted for as well.

pcm read.hpt pcm read
    tcm read.hpt tcm read
    tcm1.hpt tcm tune
    tune6.hpt pcm tune
    wot17 not enough.hpl log of wot pull

812hp/896tq I'm done. Threw in the towel.