Thread: Geotags

Potential Tuner

Geotags

Hi, I was looking for a Geotag feature in RaceRender 3 but I couldn't find it. I need something that will allow me to insert points throughout the video and in the end export a CSV file with their IDs and coordinates.
    Is that possible? Maybe in the premium edition?

Advanced Tuner
    You can display a generalized location using the Display Object from this post, but I don't think there's a way to export that data.

GPS Coordinates can be displayed with a simple Text Data Display Object, and then selecting the appropriate field in your data file.

RaceRender isn't really intended for exporting data files; it's mainly for combining data, overlaying it on video, and then rendering the video as the output. There are ways to export the data that's being input into the video, but the only case where I think that's actually useful is extracting GPS data from a GoPro video and then exporting it so you can use it elsewhere. Otherwise, you're basically just exporting the exact same file that you added as the input data file (except for possible file type conversions).

Depending on your input data, a simple Spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Sheets might be a better fit for inserting rows/columns.