Thread: swapping tunes

Potential Tuner

swapping tunes

Hi Im new to tuning and HP tuner. actually got it so I can tune my 1998 2500 5.7 vortec engine and was wondering if it is possible to copy the "professional" tune in my 2009 avalanche to my buddies 2007 avalanche. is it as simple as copy and paste.

Potential Tuner
    I apologize for my forum ineptness, I am new to forum activity and not at all sure how to go about asking a question. I am new to tuning and have been a technician in alberta canada for 42 years. trying something new now with the tuning for my truck.

Kinda sorta not really but you're on the right idea.

Copying a 2009 tune into a 2007 computer could cause you some issues because there are always yearly changes between the different operating systems. There are updates to them and usually the 2009+ computers have many different settings than the early 2007 and 2008's.

It's best to compare the two calibrations within the editor using the compare feature to see what all is different. I would probably even compare your 2009 tune to a stock 2009 file just to see what was even done in the first place. Bits and pieces of the 2009 calibration can surely be used in the 2007 truck.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you for the help its muchly appreciated. i know fuel injection but am newby to changing the factory ecm data almost freehand
    Last edited by sandstorm; 11-04-2021 at 08:07 AM.