Thread: MK6 GTI Help

Tuner in Training

MK6 GTI Help

Hey Everyone,

Trying to help my friend out who has a ko4 mk6 cause he was having problems with his current tune and upon doing a log with hp tuners i found some info im not 100% sure on as im coming from Ford tuning. He looks to be showing -9 on spark retard which on ford is adding timing but total spark is showing like 2 degrees. Am i correct in assuming that on VW -9 on spark retard means its pulling timing? i am attaching the log and could use some guidance on VW tuning. Articles i should read or Videos i should watch. I wrote a basic tune to start with on his car that i will attach from what info i have been able to find so far off the forums but i havent had him try it yet as id like input. The goal was to get 15psi to start and bump up to 21-25 if possible.

Thank you ahead of time for any information to point me in the right direction.

21-10-31 16-08-17.hpl

MK6 GTI-1.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercilus View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Trying to help my friend out who has a ko4 mk6 cause he was having problems with his current tune and upon doing a log with hp tuners i found some info im not 100% sure on as im coming from Ford tuning. He looks to be showing -9 on spark retard which on ford is adding timing but total spark is showing like 2 degrees. Am i correct in assuming that on VW -9 on spark retard means its pulling timing? i am attaching the log and could use some guidance on VW tuning. Articles i should read or Videos i should watch. I wrote a basic tune to start with on his car that i will attach from what info i have been able to find so far off the forums but i havent had him try it yet as id like input. The goal was to get 15psi to start and bump up to 21-25 if possible.

Thank you ahead of time for any information to point me in the right direction.

21-10-31 16-08-17.hpl

MK6 GTI-1.hpt
    I have made two threads of tuning for similar ECU architecture (MED17.1) have a look through them and you'll find what you're missing.

hate to say it, dont want to sound like a dick but this file needs allot of work '

Tuner in Training
    i can only find 3 threads and they dont have much info from you maybe im searching wrong?
    attaching screenshot

Screenshot 2021-11-05 094338.png