Thread: 1998 jeep cherokee xj auto stock file

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 1998 jeep cherokee xj auto stock file

Anyone have the stock file for a 1998 jeep xj 4.0 automatic?? I lost it and now i cant pas emissions because i have disabled some sensors. I keep getting evap not supported and heated catlyst not supported. I went to change value from 0 to 1 (im assuming 1 means on) but im still having issues. I emailed hp tuners support because 1998 is not in the repository.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Yes I did use the search and filter option but I guess im the first person that loses their tune...

Advanced Tuner
    If it's an .hpt file, you can go into the view change logs/history tree and see what you started with. You can even open the original file as a compare that way. I don't think most people know this.

It's this:history.jpg
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    I can give you a stock tune file for a 97 cherokee 4.0 auto If you would like to use it as a compare to see what all you need to change back for emissions. I will say alot of the time an not supported or N/A result will still pass, depending on your state. If you post up your tune i can try to tell you what all you would need to change to get your monitors back.

Potential Tuner
    can i get that stock tune file from you?

Tuner in Training

97 cherokee 4.0 Auto Stock

When in doubt, Throttle out