Thread: 6.0 tune for towing

Tuner in Training

6.0 tune for towing

looking for a little more power and throttle response out of my truck. ive been tinkering with it for a couple weeks. just need someone to verify im going the right route. i haven't done anything with ficm yet. just pulled a slight amount of timing cause i dont want to float the heads and the usual adjustments. I still gotta mess with turbo cause i want the nice rumble at idle instead of the jet engine lol. its a stock truck minus it has full exhaust turbo back, and cold air intake. I attached what i have been running now. thanks for any pointers or guidance in advance b10458 07 f350 modified tune 1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dfost33 View Post
    anyone?
    Pm me I can help you get started.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

pedal map copy needs to match your pedal map

If you want more low end throttle id look at FICM. I started building my FICM tunes and it really opened up the low end response. More smoke but it can be tuned out to a certain extent.

Im assuming when you say "stock" you mean its not studded?

For turbo if you want that rumble or what some of us call open vane idle heres how i did it-

Airflow tab - pressure control- inferred MAP: Take rpms from 625 -725 and down to 10 MG of fuel and zero it out.

Turbocharger tab- Open loop DC: take Rpms from 550-725 down to 12 Mg fuel and put .15

Exhaust tab - Do this to ALL of your EBP tables : take Rpms from 550-725 down to 12 MG of fuel and 0 them out.

Mine is an 03 so mine is a little different approach in some ways but that open vane should be the same. try that and see what happens
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Tuner in Training
    yes not studded yet. plan on this spring to do that. been running a minimaxx the last month and the engine side of that seems decent but not a fan of the trans tune. so gonna be going back to my tune.
    I'll send you a PM. I want to learn more on the ficm side for sure. low end is a dog.

Not studded? Stay around 7.5, (8 degrees MAXIMUM peak timing) but that’s if you really want to push it.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Not studded? Stay around 7.5, (8 degrees MAXIMUM peak timing) but that’s if you really want to push it.
    Agreed, I have seen some tunes run out to 16-18.. I wouldn't dare and I'm studded. that's just me being cautious.
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Tuner in Training
    yeah not looking to increase cylinder pressure and float the heads lol i work on diesels for a living. 10 years as a ford diesel tech, and now 5 years doing gm, and dodge. just started getting into the tuning side.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by projectlnf View Post
    pedal map copy needs to match your pedal map

If you want more low end throttle id look at FICM. I started building my FICM tunes and it really opened up the low end response. More smoke but it can be tuned out to a certain extent.

Im assuming when you say "stock" you mean its not studded?

For turbo if you want that rumble or what some of us call open vane idle heres how i did it-

Airflow tab - pressure control- inferred MAP: Take rpms from 625 -725 and down to 10 MG of fuel and zero it out.

Turbocharger tab- Open loop DC: take Rpms from 550-725 down to 12 Mg fuel and put .15

Exhaust tab - Do this to ALL of your EBP tables : take Rpms from 550-725 down to 12 MG of fuel and 0 them out.

Mine is an 03 so mine is a little different approach in some ways but that open vane should be the same. try that and see what happens
    Have you tried doing the opposite? No rumble but a more pronounced whistle?

Oh yeah. I can make it whistle like crazy. But I?m also a 10 blade so mine normally whistles.