Thread: Did I BRICK it?

Potential Tuner

Did I BRICK it?

i tried to do a write, but my battery was apparently low. It failed. Now the vehicle wont crank, or scan or amything.c Even my generic code reader cant find the language and scan for codes. Im stuck. no data to show.

I have fixed SEVERAL this way. It works. I will never on board program a P01 or P59 again. OFF BOARD ONLY!!
    https://www.customecm.com/gm-bricked-pcm-recovery

Senior Tuner
    I program P01s and P59s in vehicles literally every day. I always start the vehicle and let it run for 15-20 seconds then shut it off. If the battery has enough reserve to start a vehicle it has enough reserve to power a PCM for programming. The only time I use a bench harness is if someone brings me a PCM already out of the vehicle for programming.

Advanced Tuner
    Try a global reset (unhook battery and touch both pos and neg wires together for a short time) and see if anything happens. I've had a few come back to me like that. Otherwise look at the post TheMechanic shared it works great.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks to All!! Followed the steps in the link provided, AND VOILA... I'm up and running.