Thread: Trans limp limiter

Trans limp limiter

Capture.PNGDoes anyone know where or why this limiter comes into play? 2007 5.9 here's the file Shea stock read.hpt

Tuner
    My guess would be the torque limit table. Found under main injection limits tab...

Quote Originally Posted by NRunkle View Post
    My guess would be the torque limit table. Found under main injection limits tab...
    I'd already doubled it to see and it was still hitting that limiter. I think it's on the trans side undefined by hpt. I also occasionally run into "unknown 03" limit as well.

Timing mode vs designations.PNGFueling.PNGTrans limit.PNGmax fuel.PNG There are the limiters! They were in Non Beta......... there are like 8 or 9 differences between them, i was literally switching between non and Beta to get what i needed done. Also look at max fueling that's in Beta and not in regular.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 11-11-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Timing mode vs designations.PNGFueling.PNGTrans limit.PNGmax fuel.PNG There are the limiters! They were in Non Beta......... there are like 8 or 9 differences between them, i was literally switching between non and Beta to get what i needed done. Also look at max fueling that's in Beta and not in regular.
    Thats crazy they arent in the beta software.. and have you messed around with the mode stuff? I have never seen that on a 5.9 file.

Quote Originally Posted by NRunkle View Post
    Thats crazy they arent in the beta software.. and have you messed around with the mode stuff? I have never seen that on a 5.9 file.
    The modes are not like other trucks with actual modes, i mean they are modes but it's just HPT not re-labeling them as they are known to everyone previously. Mode 0 is transient through 4 low air density IIRC. I want to say it was firepunk who worked with HPT a while back to have all this stuff added to these years and the engineer at HPT who was helping may have just put them into non beta by accident or on purpose because that's what FPunk was using, who knows. I'm just happy that someone did, i've asked to have them all moved over to beta already so we all can have accurate PW tables and command accurate fuel amounts. Now i'm not saying you can't just go bumping up the PW map and tune it like most on here probably do but it made setting up the smoke limiter maps very accurate and a breeze. This truck made 458hp/802tq with 60hpBD injectors, 64.5 BD VGT and a 12mm BDCP3. Lots of fuel overhead still even commading 200mm3. I believe there is more in it yet if i have time to sit down and learn how to adjust the VGT DIP switch controller for the turbo. I didn't even know i could until i was doing the final run on the dyno lol .