Thread: What if the engine makes more than the 640 torque limits?

What if the engine makes more than the 640 torque limits?

I'm having ETC issues that I can't seem to sort out. I didn't have this issue when it was naturally aspirated. Now the ecu(p59) wants to close my throttle body when I stab the throttle, either from a stop or a 2nd gear roll. I've swapped to a Nick Williams TB from a factory LS2 and it still does it. Most of my torque management is removed, other than 2% of timing I remove at shifts. So idk why the tps closes the throttle when the pedal is at 100%. So, would seeing more than the 640 value limits cause the ETC to kick in/out under load? BTW, it does fine on the dyno, but exhibits this problem under real world load.
    Can I override those 640 limits or will it actually "put your module in an unrecoverable state" as the pop up warning says?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LSpowered93; 11-05-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The torque limit isn't your issue. Does it throw a DTC when it goes into REP mode?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSpowered93 View Post
    Nope.
    The reason that you're not seeing a DTC is that you've changed several critical DTC's to No Error Reported. You can not do that. You have to leave them set as they were from GM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The reason that you're not seeing a DTC is that you've changed several critical DTC's to No Error Reported. You can not do that. You have to leave them set as they were from GM.
    I don't need to see each and every code for a swap like this when half of that stuff isn't installed on this car.

Senior Tuner
    I don't need to see each and every code for a swap like this when half of that stuff isn't installed on this car.
    That is correct...But, you are most certainly utilizing a MAP sensor. You've disabled the P0106, 107 and 108 DTC's. This effectively disables your ability to determine if REP is being caused by one of these codes.

You also haven't adjusted the MAF Cylair Max table, the Max Delta Airflow table, and the Calculated Airflow Max table for boost.

That is correct...But, you are most certainly utilizing a MAP sensor. You've disabled the P0106, 107 and 108 DTC's. This effectively disables your ability to determine if REP is being caused by one of these codes.

You also haven't adjusted the MAF Cylair Max table, the Max Delta Airflow table, and the Calculated Airflow Max table for boost.
    Gotcha. I can enable those and see if they tell me anything. Other than trans and TM tuning, I don't really touch the tune and have someone else do it, since idk what I'm doing. Any guidance as to what I should adjust those tables to? Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    Max out the values on all three of those tables.

Max out the values on all three of those tables.
    On the calculated airflow max, do you mean for the tps(calculated airmass) which does already seem to be maxed out, or for the MAP? I don't see one specifically for the MAF.

I made the two adjustments and enabled 106, 107, and 108. Made a pull up the road and didn't get any of those codes. I do get 102 and 103 codes though, if that matters. It also still has the throttle closing issue. Any thoughts?

Senior Tuner
    I made the two adjustments and enabled 106, 107, and 108. Made a pull up the road and didn't get any of those codes. I do get 102 and 103 codes though, if that matters. It also still has the throttle closing issue. Any thoughts?
    On table 14041, max it to 4.10 g.
    On table 14020, max it to 2031 lb/hr.
    On table 14030, max it to 320 kPa.

It will throw the P0102 and 103 codes that indicate that the MAF has been failed.