Thread: problem with histogram

Tuner in Training

problem with histogram

I have loaded my idle ve table in a histogram to log the afr error % and only the manifold vac. 80kpa line will show up in the histogram. As I am logging, I can see the manifold vac. go much below 80kpa, but it wont show up in the histogram. There are no filters in the histogram and all the pids are loaded and logged correctly. Here is my log and config files. Please help me figure this out.

Try this config file. The idle VE table ends at 1600 rpm. Manifold vacuum Kpa is Baro- Map. So 100 Baro-30 Map Kpa=70 Manifold vacuum Kpa. The VE low & high rpm tables use Tps as the Y Axis. Since your car doesn't have an open loop table, the commanded AFR in open loop while not in PE will move all over the place. So you will have to tune the none PE areas of the VE tables using the LTFT histograms. Just get the LTFT's within -7 to 0. The wideband AFR and AFR % Error histograms can only be used for your WOT (PE).

Your wideband is jumping all over the place in closed loop. Is it hooked up right to the interface? Or are there some other settings for your wideband? I use the FJO Racing wideband, and it is very steady.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Try this config file. The idle VE table ends at 1600 rpm. Manifold vacuum Kpa is Baro- Map. So 100 Baro-30 Map Kpa=70 Manifold vacuum Kpa. The VE low & high rpm tables use Tps as the Y Axis. Since your car doesn't have an open loop table, the commanded AFR in open loop while not in PE will move all over the place. So you will have to tune the none PE areas of the VE tables using the LTFT histograms. Just get the LTFT's within -7 to 0. The wideband AFR and AFR % Error histograms can only be used for your WOT (PE).

Your wideband is jumping all over the place in closed loop. Is it hooked up right to the interface? Or are there some other settings for your wideband? I use the FJO Racing wideband, and it is very steady.

Russ Kemp
    The wideband is an AEM UEGO wideband and it is moving with the STFT as it goes up and down. Also all of my tables Y axis are MAP not TPS.
    Last edited by dcstang67; 12-24-2006 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcstang67
    The wideband is an AEM UEGO wideband and it is moving with the STFT as it goes up and down. Also all of my tables Y axis are MAP not TPS.
    I assume that you have the 2.2 (F) engine, then only the low rpm coast down VE table uses map as the Y axis. The 2.4 (T) uses tps as the Y axis on the low rpm coast down VE table.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I have the 2.4L (ld9) engine with the 2 bar gm reflash for the supercharger. Here is my current tune.
    Last edited by dcstang67; 12-24-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Here is a config file for your 2 bar reflash. I inserted the Map SAE Pid into the table display. You may have to change it to Manifold Air Pressure if it doesn't read right. If so, then you may also have to change to the map pid from the map sensor in the histograms & chart display.

It always helps to post your tune in the first place as it would of saved allot of time setting up your config file.

Russ Kemp