Thread: Virtual Torque

Virtual Torque

On the torque tables when the tune is scaled for bigger injectors do you half the numbers is says or double it. I?ve lowered my numbers to roughly half of what is reported on the scanner to roughly match what the car makes on the dyno plus the 17% drivetrain loss the tuner says there is on his dyno.

Senior Tuner
    if u have scaled the fuel side u dont have to do anything, if u have scaled airflow side then adjust by same amount scaled so it lines up again with the reported airflow map/airmass

Scaling the tune usually cuts the predicted tq… so you must tell the Computer it’s making MORE tq..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

When I did that my torque reading went through the roof. It was reading over 900 ft lbs of torque. I cut the numbers down 40% and then it was alot closer to what the car makes for flywheel torque.

Senior Tuner
    what size injectors are u using that u need to scale the air model ? usually the stoich fuel way is easiest saves all this extra work

Senior Tuner
    so u have only scaled the stoich way ? if so then the air model shouldnt have changed much at all so the torque should be like it was stock, some videos have said that when i do the double stoich and halve IFR, IVT terms that i also have to scale the spark and that is not true, scaling the stoich way only scales the fuel the air should stay true if it was before and new data is correct, its only if u cant or dont scale the fuel but scale the air model where u have to go thru and change everything to do with g/s needs scaling then u have to adjust the virtual torque to suit

This supercharged also. I put the torque tables back to stock and it reads pretty close to what I think it should be.